1999 SRX 700 fouling spark plugs

sprocket12935

hi im new to the srx world but have been successful in maintaining my ac thunder cat ice drag sled,my problem started with my purchase of a1999 srx 700 for my son it needed a few cosmetic repairs wich have been completed but i was plagued with plugs fouling on start up, so from arcticchat to tyyamaha to find answers,after many hours of search and reading forums i was lead to replace the needle valve assemblys,(still fouled) adjusted throttle,choke and oil cable to specs,(Still fouled)did more reading and replaced spark plug wire caps(still fouled)after reading and trying everything on the forums and banging my head on the wall it came back to me that i had the same problem with my kitty when it was new ,after thinking and searching my little brain i realized i changed the needle clip position to solve the problem,so i tore the tops of the carbs off and after a half hour all three were moved up on position and after a week of cold starts im on the same set of plugs,so if you experience this problem try the needle clip position first...thanx guys

Whats your start up procedure? My brothers SRX will foul plugs every time if you hit the throttle while its warming up. We just start em up, run back inside and put our gear on, and they are warm when we come back out.

i did the same thing,if i moved the sled to soon a plug would foul,with the needles adjusted i can use the throttle at any point and the plugs dont go out, i start on full choke and soon as it fires go to half choke for about five seconds then it runs no choke

My 78 SRX700 requires me to get off the choke almost immediately after startup, it does need a bit of time to warm up before running mid to full throttle.

My 99 700 red head needs least 15 mins to warm before she goes without a bog, fart, or bang. Then all's good

My 1999 Venture 600 triple only needs 5 minutes to warm up - before its engine is calm / predictable. For it, I start it and while on 1/2 choke, , check its external lights, put my hat, helmet, heated visor wiring cord and gloves on. Then, check all its dash gauges and check/adjust its side mirrors. My one sled buddy owned previous Venture 600 and says this warm up time is normal - for its "cold blooded" engine design.

I remember some newer technology sleds have a "warmed up" type of light on their dash. Perhaps newer Ventures have this dash light as well?

Back