vmax vs zrt

00sxrjoe

Got a friend I am trying to get him to run my 97 sx 700 with power inc pipes heelclickers and base gasket mod 96 dull chisels down center. 2000 ish Zrt 800 stock with 196 dull carbide trail studs. Sled seen just as much road as it has trail. Should I be worried in a distance more than 1000ft. I just wanna see how well mine goes against newer bigger sled.

piped and clutched you should do good with that Joe. My buddy had 2 ZRT 800's it was usually a toss up between either one and my first SRX. Then I found this site and he hated me:flag:

Kinda what I thought. Ya jeff I have a few places we can go test

Joe, never owned a redhead so I don't know, but the base gaskets are 2 layers on those or do mean the head gasket? I know guys that have stacked base gaskets to raise the port timing but what would be the gain of lowering it?

I done know if I gained anything little more compression, low end pull. But yes base gasket is two layers and head gaskets are 3. All I know is it runs good and pulls like a fright train its just another Frankenstein sled I threw together parts and pieces.

Last edited:
just another Frankenstein sled I threw together. parts and pieces
r

It would be so much sweeter if your parts and pieces were mismatched colors making it really look like a Frankenstien....... and then you smoked him!! lol

Like to have a shot at it but he says he dont have the time to come out.

Guess so id like to take him to the ice. But I need to sharpen up the studs to do so first if not a field one the snow crust backup some. I am just itching to do some sort of racing seeing I messed up my ice sled

Took it out with out enough octane and it was cold that day though it just melted two pistons but it messed up the cylinders to cracked them by the exhaust port and messed up the coating on them. And a possible crack in the base. There goes 500$ down the drain to repair it. This time its gonna be trailable ill pc it back together over summer I think.

That sucks. That's my biggest worry with the SRX, not being high enough octane or carb settings to start and messing it up right off the bat. I'm going to go pig rich on the carbs to start.

Mine was set right just the combo of old fuel from last yr and the cold of that day. My own fault

Back