Attak vs 2 800 Etecs

sideshowBob

VIP Member
Went on a 150 mile ride today and had a chance to go head to head with a 2012 + 2014 800 Etec Renegades.
My Attak absolutely CRUSHED both these sleds in a drag race, mid range roll ons and top end,
Felt Great!

The 2014 Gade used 1 litre more fuel then me in 75 miles and the 2012 Gade used 2 litres less.

Last edited:

Are you sure??? those Doo 800 are rockets...just ask any SkiDoo owner!! lol Good job ;)!

your attack must be dialed in to the T be cause my buddy picked up a 800r etec renegade a month ago and is still stock 150 miles on it now and still in "break in mode" and a trail ported hauck piped SRX couldn't touch it in 500ft so great job

As always laying the smack down on the competition

Hey Bob, sorry if I'm hijacking your thread but. I was looking at the closeup pics of your sled and it appears as if you are using the Mountain Performance aluminum spindles. If so, what do you think of them. Can you tell any sort of handling/performance difference and are they worth the big bucks? Also was wondering what your thoughts are on that lithium battery your using. Have you had a chance to test its performance in very cold temps.

More on topic, I recently had a chance to ride with a 2013 800 etec gade (i have a lightly modded 06 Apex GT)for a full day. Unfortuneatly I never had a chance to run em off with him. But, on fuel mileage we were almost identical which, I was somewhat happy about. My other halfs 600 etec blows mine away on fuel mileage. But then hers is a 600 so its not really a fair comparison.

I got the spindles from CB performance parts...high quality, lighter, and perfect fit but I don't notice any difference specific to them. The spindles were part of the 60 lb weight reduction.

The lithium battery I am using has been flawless so far even when cold starting the sled at -32c !

Attak weight reduction: Starting dry weight...............................590#

Boss sest.....................................................................-14#
Remove tunnel protectors[less ice build up to]...................-3#
Remove studded ripsaw and install unstudded ripsaw II.....-14#
Install Lithium battery.....................................................-6#
Install Fox Float 2 front shocks with Hygear cannisters.........-4#
Install lite weight front A arms..........................................-6#
Install aluminum spindles.................................................-2#
Install Aluminum steering column......................................-2#
Install tuner skiis.............................................................-1#
Install bender exhaust......................................................-14#
Install Mega Float shock in rear Mono..................................-4#
.............................................................................................
Total weight reduction......................................................-68#

I added a few things like a rear cooler, bar riser, block heater ect

Weight on scales after all changes...................................................535#

This Attak of mine is now lighter then a stock 700 SRX

Thanks for the breakdown Bob. I kinda figured the exhaust and battery would be two of the bigger weight loss items. And the seat (just not a big fan of the Boss seats). Looked at the moly A-arms, kinda pricey for only 6lbs.

What kind of race were you doing ??

With unstudded track, I assume it wasn't drag racing.

Were the doo's unstudded as well ??

All sleds were unstudded.
The Doos were running the stock 137x16 ripsaws.
We were on a fairly well packed long lake trail.
We raced from a dead stop and stayed into it for in excess of 1/2 mile...I was ahead the whole time...over the ride we also did mid range roll-ons ect...the 2 Renegades were never a threat.

Last edited:

Back