2000 models....any experience

Get the xc6 if it's a 2000 with the ves. Yes i own one, but I'm not being biased. Is easily the best sled of the decade that isn't a triple. It will smoke much bigger sleds, I do it all the time. They ride great, handle awesome, are extremely fast, and get awesome mpg, and are ultra reliable.

Is the xc6 sharper in performance than a 2008 switchback 600? Because that switchback was real slow compared to my MM with 15 hp less.

Just had my son in law pick up an absolutely immaculate 01 SXR500 up in your neck o the woods. $1100. And don't think for a minute that it won't be enough HP. That thing really gets with the program. And great suspension to boot.

Is the xc6 sharper in performance than a 2008 switchback 600? Because that switchback was real slow compared to my MM with 15 hp less.

Yes. I've never lost to anything less than a triple piped triple, and its beat many of those too. Is never been beat by any 700 twin, and beats most 800 twins. No any where near stock 600 can hang with it. Remember that the gen2 chassis is one of the fastest chassis out there. Kinda like a srx In that it doesn't have mega suspension, and is light, and efficient.

An 08 switch is a cfi motor, this has rack tmx flatslide mikunis, and while similar, is not the same. Polaris had summer issues in 08 and 09 with the CFI motors, and their tuning.

Last edited:
Stick with a Yamaha, Ive been riding since I was three im now 22 and have never had to walk off the trails and I ride like an animal, most likely put more abuse on my machines than you will

Back