01 srx vs 02 zr800 vs 07 f1000

j2hizzo

VIP Member
Had the chance to run a mile on a plowed dirt road straight and hard against my buddies zr800. We raced twice. Once from a dead stop and once from 40mph roll. Dead stop ihooked harder than he did and walked away to win easy. We then rolled at 40. I pulled him by 3 sleds off the launch and had home by 7 or so at the end of the pull....he was surprised that he lost. I then ran my buddies f1000 and he launched better than me and held me by 3 sleds. We did a 30mph role andi was side by side and perhaps a littleahead until 80 mph . I had the skis in the air just enough to not turn and glance off the snowbank and lose the race I wanted one more go at him but his sled overheated and he said that was enough...o well maybe next Time. Speeds on the dreemometer were at 120+ for mine and 120 for the zr.

Did a similar race a couple years ago but on GPS on a lake. -20F perfect conditions. My 2001 SRX bone stock vs 2002 XCR 800 (136in, but dropped low and a lot of mods) vs 2010 F1000 with very minor mods if any.

Ran my run and GPS didn't read....needle was buried at 125mph on the meter. XCR GPS 118, F1000 120, then I pulled my second run and meter was around 120mph only and she felt a bit slower. GPS has me at 117. In my book a win, but I still dream of what that first run would have been if the GPS was working right. Needless to say the other guys were impressed by the "little SRX" as they called it.

My gut felt 120mph on the first run, that would have made quite the impression.....I'll never know.

Back