Sxr 700 noise driving me nuts!!

How old was the track you took off, I know when I went from my stock track on my 97' to a brand new 1" camoplast energy it definitely has more of a rumble at low speeds, I rebuilt the whole sled at the same time, all new bearings, idlers, hyfax, and it still has a rumble after about 2000kms with no rubbing anywhere. My 85' phazer has the same low rumble after a track change to a new camoplast, again sled was totally rebuilt new bearings etc...

If its not hitting your tunnel or protectors Id check three things, check that the track is aligned correctly, if its shifted to one side slightly you would be catching lugs or possibly the track clips. Make sure its not ratcheting (too loose), and did you check your idler wheel bearings, Ive heard some shot idlers make some pretty funky noises.

I dont see the lug height being an issue since most guys are running 1" camoplast tracks on these sleds (as long as its a 2.52 pitch) Even if your 1/16" from the heat exchanger protectors, that means your still over an inch away from the actual heat exchanger. (That's what the guards are there for, as long as they are not loose I'd consider that normal.)

Last edited:

I read somwhere else too that the camoplast tracks were noisy in general! But ive never herd this rumble before! Yet ive never had a camoplast track before either !

Did you ever figure out where the noise was coming from? I just installed the same track on my sled and it's doing the same thing.

Back