Wondering about a Sno stuff rumble pack for my VMax SX 700

Cans give you more noise and some weight reduction. In the ads they say you gain power, some people say no power gain and I've heard that you get more power from the stock silencer. If you're looking for a better sound just drill out your stock silencer.

Cans give you more noise and some weight reduction. In the ads they say you gain power, some people say no power gain and I've heard that you get more power from the stock silencer. If you're looking for a better sound just drill out your stock silencer.

Totally, if you look at the tech pages there is a "HOW TO" on drilling out the stock muffler. You will need a drill bit extension and a 2" metal type hole saw. With the muffler in hand you flip it over, drill into the baffle in the outlet side of the muffler until you have the left over metal disc. If it gets stuck in there you may need a magnet to pull it out. Supposedly it is stated that it's a 5HP gain. I have experience with an aftermarket can on a 700 XTC (Bender Racing version). It was way loud, much lighter but it wasn't any quicker/faster in side by side testing. Also I noticed the rpm's on that one stayed the same. I have done two of the drill outs on stock mufflers and in both cases the R's went up on the tach which is a good sign there is more power being made. In both cases I had to add weight to the clutch arms.

Last edited:

Back