Hauck race cdi

383stroker

Is it true that Haucks used race cdi for ansrx are viper a cdi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would it be beneficial to put one on a stock srx or not with out heavy engine mods. Have clutching already just looking for a little bit more with out port work. And would this kill the fuel mileage? Thanks

Yep not very happy to find out that it's just a viper cdi. But I didn't know that when I bought it.

That is a very costly viper cdi the time I shipped it into canada.

well dog, yea, or smart business man. i really believe there were cheater cdi boxes, but very rare and not for the everyday guy that wants to race his buddie 3:16 (yammie tony)

***Resurrecting thread*** I have what I was told is a 2002 Viper Race CDI. I discussed this with Jeff (CPR) and he said it was different than my stock CDI (didn't buy it from him, he just knew about it). It does idle my sled a couple hundred RPM higher than my stock CDI without touching anything other than swapping and restarting. I picked it up when I was thinking about building a lake racer when I got my race ported viper cyls with altered exh port heights and needed the higher RPM. I know i could be completely ignorant of what I have, I'm just conveying how it runs different and what I've been told.

I really dont know if its true that all they were was Viper CDI's....I remember when I was on the Yamaha racer program Gordy called me about a race CDI for the Viper I had...Needless to say I never did it and won many races with the sled with clutching....And I know for a fact we won the earliest ISR Grass Drag Race and never got due credit for it..

does anyone know what the timing curve is after 9000RPM on the viper CDI. For a guy running 10K what CDI are guys running?

Not sure what the timing is but we have 2 sleds on spinning 9600-9800 and the other 9900-10100rpm with a viper 8ek cdi and them seem to work well

Back