vmax turbo help

So I replaced the fuel line from the regulator to the carbs with plain old clear fuel line, the blue stuff was way too stiff and wouldn't seal on the regulator. Air is gone from the lines now.

Here's an update for anyone who cares. Wired my electric pump off the key, installed a tether kill switch, replace steel ski's with plastic aftermarket, ( no idea what make, came off a doner xlt. Did take some modification's.) I need to get new steel sleeve brushings that the ski bolt go's threw. The old bolt was seized in it! Had it running on the stand and sure seems to be building boost now. It got up to 9 psi just with a short stab at the throttle. Hopefully it doesn't get much higher when field testing. As I'm hoping to run pump gas.

On a side note, was out today for a quick run with a buddy on his machines, 2007 mach 1000 and a 2007 f1000. Those thing will scat!!! The cat had some sort of channel, appropriately 3" wide x 16" long, mounted between the ski and runner. Well on the way home it bent down 45 degrees and dug into some ice, spun the machine around and I went over the bars. Not hurt but those things are dangerous!!!!! Caught hard enough that it bent the lower a arm.
So if anyone out there has these things on their sled, GET RID OF THEM.

I was lucky and found mine locally for I think 250 or 300. Saw it and said why not.

Does anyone know if there should be an exhaust donut between y pipe and pipe? I never had one on it, but it seems to be leaking sustainably .

Thanks guys, I'll look for a seal.
I test rode it yesterday, just a short rip around the yard. Throttle response seems good, revs up quickly. Only seeing around 3-4 psi. So I'll look for some leaks. I haven't done anything with the clutches yet, and noticed some major slippage. Could just be crappy old belt or I might be that my secondary is set as loose as possible for fast upshifts.
I'm going out to a nice long field next week with some buddies to do some testing and radar runs, I'll try to remember to get some videos.

Update. Went to local Yamaha dealer today for the exhaust donut. There isnt one on a 94 600. His recommendation was to put new springs on it. I'll put them on tomorrow and let everyone know.

Took your advice and used some silicon, yamahamark, installed the new springs and hopefully it will be dry by tomorrow afternoon.

Took your advice and used some silicon, yamahamark, installed the new springs and hopefully it will be dry by tomorrow afternoon.
When I do this I lie to let the silicone setup before I put the parts together. Just a small head smeared flat.

Today we're going out on the ice for some testing, going to try and fix the f1000 and take it, the vmax and a mach1000. It's a tall order but we'll see how it works. Lol
Videos to come.

Alright, today was the big day! Sorry no video.
Here's how it went, started out nice and slow, must have a pretty big leak because I can only get around 2-3 psi. Runs good though.
Friend pulls out radar gun. It is pulling like a truck!!! Skis in the air, good weight transfer. Make a couple of short passes then decide to go abit further. Ends up being the Final run ...... PTO 50 psi.
Live and learn I guess. I'll tear into it this week and see if I scored the cylinder wall.
At least it's not the side I just rebuilt. Lol
I'm not done with it yet, hopefully I can get it back together by this weekend.
Any suggestions on preventing this from happening again to quickly.
I've got 160's in the mains, raised the needles up one ,
Fuel pressure was rising with the boost, so I don't think it was starving.
It let go at top rpm, after 700+ feet of full throttle.
It was reving to high at 8100, so I'll need to add some weights to the primary, how much?

Back