Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Daughters phazer II oval race sled

Quote Originally Posted by mrviper700 View Post
    There will be updates very soon, I have dug it out and have all the parts needed to finish it. Just gotta get off my butt and finish it, always something else in the way.....lol
    Yeah get off your butt and get those phazer motors done
    I just post here to hear myself type

Default some basic porting pics

here I fixed the transition on the bottom of the cylinders, making everything a smooth taper up into the transfer port, I also made the edges exactly to the gasket opening. The bridges are sharpened up and tapered back to port. Stock is next to modded for comparison in all the cylinder pics to come, sorry pics are not better.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mrviper700; 01-26-2016 at 11:49 PM. Reason: add info
    It's just a little 700!

Here I modified the intake tract, it is widened and all the high edges are ground out and put on a taper. The port top is changed and the piston has also been cut on the rear skirt to further alter the port timing for longer duration. The piston skirt is coated with swain tech pc9 coating to make it slippery.
    It's just a little 700!

Senior Member ProStock yamahamark's Avatar

Very nice work.

what goes in must come out......exhaust port, I widen them and barely raise the roof. You wanna remove the 2 big humps in the floor and get as flat as you can with a taper from each side to the exhaust outlet. The outlet is made larger in diameter to meet up with the manifold. The exh.manifold is also opened up to the same inside diameter as the donut is. You have to grind the manifold as well as when they weld them the weld seeps inside from flange to pipe and makes this transition rough and of a smaller diameter, I open all that back up and taper it out into the tube.

these cylinder pics I am using showing the porting are of a customers engine(trail performance). Mine are a little hotter in port timing for full race. Pretty close to the same but have a larger exhaust port and a bit larger front transfer ports, more compression on head cut and cylinder decking.
    It's just a little 700!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha Nutz View Post
    The stock gearing sucks and is only good for about 85 mph when figured at 1:1
    A 37 bottom sprocket fits
    From what sled comes the 37 Triplex bottom sprocket ? Part # ?

Quote Originally Posted by mrviper700 View Post
    Upon taking the engine apart I found that the MAG side piston was cracked at the rear skirt,
    this is from never having rings put in it over its 6900 mile life and the skirt has rocked back and forth in the cylinder and began to stress and crack the skirt.
    I will repalce both pistons with new Yamaha oem pistons.
    The newer Yamaha pistons already come with the modded rear skirt to advance the intake timing.
    What Yamaha OEM piston to use ?

Yamaha OEM Piston part #

* ( 1984-2002 ) "TSS" sleds ---> 8V0-11631-00-96
    * ( 1999-2008 ) "Pro-Action" sleds ---> 8DJ-11631-00-A0

...What technically separates them ?

WTB:
    * Reichard's ( RPC ) , single stealth pipe ( Phazer-II )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

// Lasse from SWEDEN.

ok, enough is enough of walking around this thing and I need my sled lift back. I have gotten a break on my blasting job so I am gonna concentrate on putting this sled back together. bbenn a long 8 months at work.
    I just power washed off the chassis front, need to touch up the chassis paint. Installing new crank seals in bottomend, sled is just too old to chance it without changing them, all this work to have a crankseal leak and ruin the engine would be....well.... stupid...lol
    Last edited by mrviper700; 01-13-2020 at 02:26 PM. Reason: add pics
    It's just a little 700!

also gonna be adding a set of srx skis to it. I have to machine the saddle for the pogo stick bottom to fit. while I am there mise well take apart the front scissors and grease it all up and machine the centers out for a bit of uneeded weight loss! I will be kinda jumping around this thing in this working thread because its been so long since I worked on it and had a few things going on at once to be done and never got done because of the job I took.
    It's just a little 700!

Looks like a fun project !
    Good to see your "back in the saddle" so to speak !
    So does this mean your ready to take more orders for porting work ?? lol
    -------------------------
    1997 Yamaha XTC
    700 Redhead, Mr. Viper ported, CPR pipes, SRX reeds, Heelclickers, Dual bulb, LT Ohlins

1997 700 SX
    Thinned head gasket, Gutted Airbox, Reed Spacers, Bender Pipes, Viper Shocks, 51/43 helix 89L weights

2004 Viper S
    SLP pipes, peak performance head,

2001 SRX 700
    Power Inc. Pipes, Loaded 8DN20's, Hauck Y 51/45

1997 Mountain Max 700
    Black XTC Hood, Thinned Head Gasket, Gutted Air Box, Reed Stopper Notch, SLP Pipes

Quote Originally Posted by MURDER YAMAHA View Post
    Looks like a fun project !
    Good to see your "back in the saddle" so to speak !
    So does this mean your ready to take more orders for porting work ?? lol
    no, sorry no outside engine work this year, season is already upon us. My break from work is going to be short lived. I am gonna focus on my stuff for a bit.
    It's just a little 700!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast