How do I set my sled up to do this?

zx440

Viper hauck 780: http://youtu.be/3lXLupmOzu0

I have a 02 viper with a 1.25 track. SLP pipes. Extra cooling and some clutching from about 7 years ago. Anything I can do to ride wheelies like that I am thinking of a 780 BB.
Thanks guys

I believe there is a mono shock skid in that viper. You need a suspension that has good weight transfer to do wheelies. Not all about having a bigger or more powerful motor. I would spent the money on a different suspension.

Should I work on stock skid or swap to a different OEM skid. How tall of a lug can I fit? Will a 1.75 fit?

Put some 8t drivers, 1.75" track. And adjustable transfer rods on it. He has a mono skid and alot engine work. I believe he has an 1100 triple in it now..?

I'm not apposed to changing the skid. I hear the mono set up was not the best and limited adjustments. I could be very wrong.

he's got a monoshock skid in it with a transfer rod delete in it. Tons of transfer. But in all seriousness i had bender transfer rods on my pro action, big paddle track and clutching and what not and i can wheelie mine no problem when it was a 121. Viperhauck now has a 1000 union bay engine in his, ridiculous power!!! and its awesome to watch youtube

Limiter straps need to be adjusted. Transfer rods adjusted. Looking at the video I agree with that being a different skid. I had a 97 MXZ 670 that I could do that with.

I vote for an edge skid swap. Easily found, cheap, many shock combinations available, tough, and can be setup for ALOT of transfer. Its also a very easy install. Doo skids are good to. I never could get the proaction to work the way i wanted.

To be honest setting up your stock skid to do that isn't that hard.Let your limiter straps out and either get adjustable transfer rods or take the top plastic spacer off the stockers,unless you have adjustable rods stock on your skid now then just set them to max transfer.I had a 97 700 SX and couldn't get it to pull the skis,then I talked to someone who raced Yamaha sleds and he told me how to set my skid up to pull the skis.All I had to do to the V Max skid was move the bottom mount point of the control rod back on the rail,effectively giving me more transfer on the top,and voila,skis in the air.Of course there is a trade off to this kind of setup too,if your skis are in the air all the time your not steering very well

Good luck in a corner with that setup. Mountain, powder or water where you steer with rider weight OK. Groomed trails,, junk.

Not impressed.

opsled

^^^ not everybody spends most of the time sitting riding hard pack trails. When it starts to get bumpy its good to lighten up the front end and more weight off the front end makes carving around and turning in loose snow better. I uncoupled my edge skid at one point and its true you can have to much transfer. But there is a sweet spot where trails can be rode just as good....took alot of adjusting and more carbide for me to find but...

I may try the deep lug track and transfer rods for now. Adjust on the fly. Corner carver to tail stander :)

Back