New project - 91 Phazer II boondocker 144"

Yeah trees are kind of hard to avoid around here. I envy the mountain guys for the open space they have more than anything.

Bought a 95 Venture today for $200. It's pretty clean except for the seat and only has 2000 miles on it. Tempted to put the reverse on the phazer, or I just might put my engine track and skid in the venture. Not sure, don't even have it here yet and it'll be a summer project either way.

Yeah trees are kind of hard to avoid around here. I envy the mountain guys for the open space they have more than anything.

Bought a 95 Venture today for $200. It's pretty clean except for the seat and only has 2000 miles on it. Tempted to put the reverse on the phazer, or I just might put my engine track and skid in the venture. Not sure, don'te a summer project either way.

I'm from marquette to, what shop do you own?

love the build btw. I'm saving up, trying to buy a rev chassis summit by next summer, or build a mod sled,what are you planning on doing with the motor on this build?

Bought a 95 Venture today for $200.
It's pretty clean except for the seat and only has 2000 miles on it.
Tempted to put the reverse on the Phazer, or I just might put my engine track and skid in the Venture.
Not sure, don't even have it here yet and it'll be a summer project either way.

:WayCool: I think we both working on a "cloned" project even though we are on opposite sides of the globe. :WayCool:

I just brought a ( 1991 ) Venture-480 TF ( only one previous owner Before me )
for my youngest daughter to play around with,
but first I must put that Venture on a diet. Right now it is way to Heavy...

To begin with, I thought.....
* Get rid of the Electric start
* Get rid of Oil injection
* Get rid of 2-up seat and backrest
* Shorten the track from 151" to 144" and shorten the chassi.
* Search for a PSI or similar single pipe
* VK540-IV plastic skis.

love the build btw. I'm saving up, trying to buy a rev chassis summit by next summer, or build a mod sled,what are you planning on doing with the motor on this build?
The motor in the phazer is stock but rebuilt. The only mod on that one is the Bender racing pipe, Vmax carbs and Boyeson reeds. The second engine will get built this summer and that one will get bored, SX cut on pistons, MrViper porting, plus the pipe, carbs and reeds. I'm thinking I'll put that in the Venture and then transfer the 144 track and skid over to it. I don't need two and the Venture is just in much nicer condition.

I love my 04 Rev Summit. It's hard to find a nice one around here though but they do pop up from time to time. I have the 600 HO which is a very reliable motor, the 800's make me nervous and you don't need one around here.

Hey we're still rockin this old phazer. Kinda crappy snow year there's only a couple feet or so in the woods unless you head to the Copper country. Still having fun though here's a short vid from last weekend. My buddy is riding the phazer and was having some trouble on the hills. Later in the day he did better and I have to put together some better footage of the phazer in action. Never did build the motor up how I'd like to but it's working just fine as is. Oh yeah I did cut that monster high windshield down. Looks lots better.

Awesome thread....building up a boondocker Phazer for the cottage, so this has helped a lot!!!
Thanks for all the info!

She's got legs! Turned out great, sits really nice. This thing is going to be wicked in the deep. I used a Ski Doo SCIII out of my 04 and a 144" x 2" Summit track. The skid was a 121 stretched to 144 with TracksUSA extensions. I've also got it fully uncoupled. Front mounts had to be moved up and back and rear mounts moved forward. When I took the skid out of my Doo I made a template of the tunnel and mounting points and kept the geometry the same on the Phazer. Had to move skid mount points back 1 3/4" to compensate for the difference between 10t drivers and 7t that I'm running on the Phazer.

Snowdad the track and drivers went in really easy. Course I had the sled completely upside down and could lay the track up tight in the tunnel, then I just stuck the drivers in, no big hammers, pry bars or cussing, it just slid right in. I've got enough room to run the full 2" track too, at least I'm going to try it. There's a quarter inch at the tightest spot and I'm fine with that.

I did port the track, not for weight savings but to make it more flexible and easier to turn which is the real reason for track porting. Free horsepower.

From here on out the rest is easy. Shouldn't be long now, which is good cause we got 6" of snow the other day. :letitsnow

I'm doing a 151" Skidoo skid in a 93 Phazer and could use some advice. Did you have to drill a new hole in your tunnel for the front mounting hole and if you did where did you drill it in relation fo your front mounting hole? I'm using the stock the drivers and found that after I mounted the skidoo skid in the existing front holes I don't have enough adjustment in the rear wheels to pull the track tight.

Thanks

Back