Bender vs Hauck 780/800 BB kit for SRX

Can't say much on comparing the 2. But from what I've herd haucks 800. Makes the cylinder walls very thin after boring to 74.00. And I can also add that hauck has no 74.00mm pistons. I contacted them a week ago looking for 74.00mm pistons for one if there 900 stroker kits. They do have 73.00 Pistons for there 780 kits. Wiseco will make some 74.00. But u would need to order at least 10-12 Pistons for them to do a run of them. (From what hauck said)I guess what I'm trying to say is. Imo I would stay away from the hauck 800 kit. If the builder doesn't have/can't gets parts for it. But I know there is a couple builders on this sight that will build u a screaming 780.

Just my 2 cents on this topic. I would not go any bigger than 780 on a nicasil bore cylinder. Skirts get very thin and problems become large if you snap one off. 780 engines run very well when combined with the right pipes and tuning!!!
Bender runs a sleeved cylinder to get to 835. These also run very well!!! No problem with the 835 with skirt breakage. Good luck with search and choice. Either one will be a lot of fun!!!

Jabber800,

I have a 780 kit with Hauck growlers. Besides that I am stock everything else. What type of tuning would you recommend for best trail performance.

Brian

Anyone ever compare these 2 for price/value/power/reliability??

780 is built with overboring the stock cylinders and then replating them to fit the larger pistons, the 780 works well with stock srx pipes,or well with aftermarket pipes if your wanting all the power it can make. The 780 is more economical value then the 835 kit is simply because the 835 kit needs a set of pipes that cost $1400 extra and also extra cooling added to the sled to be trail reliable. Its alot more money overall to go with a 835 engine. I personally dont like the cast iron lined cylinders because they hold heat, so the engine needs to run richer jetting then a nicasiled cylinder does because it doesnt wick the heat away, so the fuel is used to cool the piston more. Its true the sleeved cylinders are stronger but theres not much problem in a 780 unless it has been run lean and rattling the pistons because of detonation.

Can't say much on comparing the 2. But from what I've herd haucks 800. Makes the cylinder walls very thin after boring to 74.00. And I can also add that hauck has no 74.00mm pistons. I contacted them a week ago looking for 74.00mm pistons for one if there 900 stroker kits. They do have 73.00 Pistons for there 780 kits. Wiseco will make some 74.00. But u would need to order at least 10-12 Pistons for them to do a run of them. (From what hauck said)I guess what I'm trying to say is. Imo I would stay away from the hauck 800 kit. If the builder doesn't have/can't gets parts for it. But I know there is a couple builders on this sight that will build u a screaming 780.

Go with Jeff 780. He does something to the cylinder skirts so they hold up. Would just be a matter of letting the sled warm up properly then

Back