96 XT6 to 144

A couple of bucks

VIP Member
So here's the start of my project. Hartman 121-144 tip-ups,4th wheel added and hyfax savers. In picture #5, you'll see that I moved the 2 inner idlers back to where the extension was added. I had to get a brand new shaft for those two wheels. The old one was worn out and had too much slop even with new bearings. I reinstalled the worn out shaft in the old location just as a stiffener. That is picture #3.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Just got the lower portion of the heat exchanger cut off. I have a piece of 6061 that I'm having a guy weld it up to seal it up. Unfortunately he got sent to Hawaii till thanksgiving. That's gotta be hard to take.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 35
I couldn't find anyone around my neck of the woods that could get reeds for a 96(four pedal). There wasn't anyone on EBay either. I ended up calling up CARBON TECH and talking to those fine folks. They don't have a big calling for those, so they make them when an order is placed. I did also dropped the needle a 1/2 a place.

Last edited:
Got the clutch setup on today.
8ABs w/ 4.5 base & 3.1 tip.
New GPG primary spring w/ a slice(shim) of sch 40 that measures 2.45mm.
A new G secondary spring
An 8BVFA helix wrapped to 60(3-3)
and a new Carlisle(138-4432U4)belt.
This is the first setup on the TY user clutching chart and almost identical to Maximums sheet posted above. User name of SRXdude. Maximums calls for a WSW spring but that seems like it'd be quite a stiff spring so I chose the GPG. Both of these setups calls for 3 engagement shims. Does anybody know how thick 3 engagement shims would be? They're 1mm each....................aren't they? That's what I was thinking. I hope a didn't cut these wrong.

Last edited:

Back