96 XT6 to 144

What is this Armorcord? The link did not work. I take it it's much tufer than stock? Where can I buy this? Thanks

Last edited:

Some pictures from using a dimple die to vastly improve my footboards. You can see the tiny dimples that came stock, the hole I drilled them out too and the finished hole.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 10
Who makes those flat gas cans? I remember seeing them once but cannot for the life of me remember the name. I'm thinking of making a seat riser that will have one of these fitted between the tunnel & the seat.

Dalton? I’m guessing that the Y on the box signifies Dalton’s Y series helix.
Can anyone confirm?

Attachments

• 8A1F4AD2-3672-48E4-8AB8-41B9711ACA9A.jpg
    8A1F4AD2-3672-48E4-8AB8-41B9711ACA9A.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 8EBAC655-5DFA-466F-902B-59E389BF6C81.jpg
    8EBAC655-5DFA-466F-902B-59E389BF6C81.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 35D965B2-E446-435E-B730-86EC559686BE.jpg
    35D965B2-E446-435E-B730-86EC559686BE.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
It was under the "ceramic exhaust coatings" tab. But I can no longer find the satin. I'd probably pick the "gray ice ceramic". I like the way that looks.

If someone does do the ceramic coating, block off all vents entering the hood. Ya don't want cold air blowing on that freshly painted pipe before it is FULLY cured. It will peel if ya don't tape them off. Just drive for an hour or until the temp light comes on. Then remove the tape from the vents.

Hey how did the Ceramic coating hold up on your pipes? Also do you have more details of how you applied it and the curing process? Thanks!!!!

It was a two step cure in the oven. The third and final cure needs to be done on the sled. 1100ish degrees. Vents blowing directly onto the pipe need to be deflected or taped off. Cold air blowing directly onto a pipe that has not had its final cure WILL result in peeling in that area.
It is a pretty much normal wet application. The stuff is nasty and you will most definitely need a respirator. Vacating the curing area during the first two cures is mandatory. Smoking and stinking to Hi-Heaven is an massive understatement.
It held up great. I haven’t seen the actual surface of the pipe since it got Header Wrap and silicon taped. Nothing holds the heat in like header wrap. The silicon tape all fused together when I fired it up. Those three things combined really really hold the heat inside the pipe. We’re talking...being able to leave your hand on the pipe for @ 5 seconds or so immediately after riding.

Last edited:

Back