Air filter

pinboy122

Does anyone know where to find replacement air filters? The one that is in the hood, mine is dry rotted and falling apart. I cant find it anywhere. Thanks,al

Can you buy a piece of filter material from Dennis Kirk? Maybe find a piece of HVAC filter material at the hardware store.

I thought I read somewhere about some kind of hvac filter media being used. I'll have to check around but if anyone knows what I should be looking for that'd be great

here is one on ebay. I see them on amazon too. 8CR-2199J-00-00 if this is the correct part number.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Yamaha-...600-/281324771129?hash=item4180435739&vxp=mtr

Last year I used this for awhile

Water pad made by best air part number hm2.

I Cut it in half so it was a straight piece instead of round. Cut about 2 inches off it. Then I folded it. So its about 2 inces thick now. Fits in there very well. It appears to be made out of the same kind of foam. It was only 7 bucks. I did however ordered a new one from yamaha.

m2Itbk3L9ZclTvs9zxtwcDA.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Mes882 that's what I was looking for. If I only needed 1 I'd buy from yamaha but I need 3 maybe 4 so it'll be nice to save some $$

Here is what I did today. I went to Menards and bought this Gutterfill foam. You'll find it in.....you guessed it, the gutter isle of shtuff. Cut it to length and that was it. The dusty sled in the picture is my 96 XT6.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 19
Here is what I did today. I went to Menards and bought this Gutterfill foam. You'll find it in.....you guessed it, the gutter isle of shtuff. Cut it to length and that was it. The dusty sled in the picture is my 96 XT6.

Awesome, thanks for posting! I was just about to spend over $30 on a piece of foam from yamaha.

Back