Trailer advice.

howsahemi

I have a friend who will sell me his 3 place enclosed for a real good price Bad part is its steel. I currently have a two place clamshell aluminum I have a growing family and my winter vehicle is an excursion. So Id like to have some more room for at least two sleds and my cat cutter sleigh. Other than short jaunts to southern wisconsin I could only pull off maybe two big trips a year to northern Wisconsin and the up from Chicago. I'm worried I'll miss the little two place but could probably afford to buy another one next year What do you guys think? I'll be paying 1500 for the 3 place. Here are the trailers.

Seems like a good deal. Why don't you keep the 2 place? I know I would miss it, it's smaller lighter easy to move and pull. The 3 place will certainly give you more room and will be easier to load and unload the sleds. Shouldn't be a problem towing with the excursion. I'd probably buy it, at that price you can always get your money back when you sell.

Are you worried about the corrosion of the steel?

Um. I suppose a little. I'll have to be adamant on washing it when I get back and try to keep on top of it. I'm gonna go over it and clean and paint the roughest spots on the trailer. It's really a nice trailer. Especially on the inside. The outside needs a little tlc but it's a definite upgrade. Even being steel.

I don't understand why you had to even think about this. You're pulling with a damn Excursion, it won't even know it's back there. I'm used to pulling 8500# of car hauler, my truck wouldn't bat an eyelash at this.

Spray the underside with oil. Straddle a ditch to get under the trailer.

I'm not really worried about the pulling part. I know it's obviously heavier than aluminum and especially my little two place. My gas mileage pulling anything isn't going to be great with a v10. it will be a good upgrade. I was just thinking Id miss the little trailer as far as quick and easy. We are buying a new house in which I will be able to house all my sleds in doors now. But even if I kept them in the new trailer I belive they will
Get less beat up as if they say in my two place all off season. It really takes a toll sitting in the little two place.

I would LOVE to find a low setting v-nose 3 place for 1500. Wifes uncle will sell his 4 place to me for 2000, but its a little too much for my 1500 Avalanche. Great find, good luck with it

Another way to look at is it would come in handy while moving houses and it basically is a portable shed/garage that does not require permits to build. My relatives borrowed mine for moving this summer. One aunt actually made 2 trips with it loaded but I will admit mine is huge lol.

Back