Possible other option - Wheel replacement - Also, Ripsaw install question

PurePower

Hello, was wondering if anyone knows of a cheaper wheel replacement? We are changing my dad's track out on his 2002 viper and we are replacing any bad wheels and wheel bearings in the suspension etc. When we look up the parts online, the big wheels on the top of the suspension(not the rear axle) are $75 each. Is there a cheaper replacement from another sled or part # that is cheaper? Also, we are replacing stock track with 1.25" ripsaw. I know you have to remove the protectors on the front cooler. But what lugs do you have to trim. I know when we did my viper about 6 years ago, we trimmed them, but don't recall which one. And I no longer have my viper to look at. Thanks for any help!

Just trim wherever it rubs. You could place an add in the WANTED section for the wheels you are looking for. I always get ones that have removable bearings. Some do not as I believe yours are made this way.

I believe the SRX top wheels are the same, just a whole lot cheaper. May even have changeable bearings. I remember seeing a post about them quite a while ago.

Just did a search for 'top idler wheels' and the SRX wheels are a direct replacement with removable bearings. Super1c changed all his Viper wheels over. 1/3 of the price too.

Last edited:
I believe the SRX top wheels are the same, just a whole lot cheaper. May even have changeable bearings. I remember seeing a post about them quite a while ago.

Just did a search for 'top idler wheels' and the SRX wheels are a direct replacement with removable bearings. Super1c changed all his Viper wheels over. 1/3 of the price too.

Yup changed them all to SRX wheels.

you can get aftermarket wheels with bearing installed under $20... Not sure about the states but cheapest in canada is royaldistributing.

Back