Phazer to Vmax Carb Conversion...experts inside please!

I have a little feedback for you guys. I gutted the airbox and WOW it had totally eliminated the WOT boging that i had. I endend with the pilot 52.5 stock from the vmax ( in waiting for the 50). Main is 147.3 with needle clip in the middle. The engine have a very good throttle response. Just need a little clutching adjustement in the primary clutch. I will probably change de spring.
Im at 2000ft from sea level. Temp at around -15 celsius
Dont forget to gutt the airbox, i had try a 140 ans it was too rich en had a poor throttle response.

Kevin.

Do you happen to know which needle and needle Jet you are using?

Tuns out the needle probably doenst matter much here... having a slightly stuck choke on one cylinder is WAY more important to figure out.

Looking to do this swap on a 1990 phazer with a PSI pipe. Currently the sled falls flat on its face, almost like it is hitting a rev limiter at 5000-5500 rpm. Anyone else experience this? I cleaned the heck out of the carbs when i bought it and the only thing I can think of it that it needs a larger main jet and the rubber plugs were dry and not creating a tight seal over the two holes they are supposed to plug.

Onto the vmax carbs...Will I be able to keep oil injection with 1995 vmax 600 carbs, vmax tblock and throttle cable, and an oil pump cable from a 88 exciter ex570? Can i run the phazer choke cables with the vmax carbs? Am I missing anything or is this the package I need to make the swap?

Thanks, Pete

I need jetting advice...the 38mm flat slides I picked up have 142.5 mains and 50 pilots. I have a DRP pipe and plan on Boyesen reeds. Plan on ditching the airbox and running pods. River riding in Northern IL and trail riding in Northern WI and the UP so not much elevation. Thoughts?

LOnto the vmax carbs...Will I be able to keep oil injection with 1995 vmax 600 carbs, vmax tblock and throttle cable, and an oil pump cable from a 88 exciter ex570? Can i run the phazer choke cables with the vmax carbs? Am I missing anything or is this the package I need to make the swap?

Thanks, Pete

You will need the whole set up from the flat slide carbs for the choke(starter)

I have phazer 480 1991 with dg pipe and flat side vmax 600 95 carbs do you a jetting set up for me
Can keep the air box or not
My altitude is 0-3000ft
Thank

Keep the airbox(gutted), you need to let that engine breathe cold air. The airbox helps with that.

I would run 148.8M and 50 Pilot, needle clip in the middle.

IMG_3088.jpgIMG_2897.jpgIMG_2898.jpg

I have phazer 480 1991 with dg pipe and flat side vmax 600 95 carbs do you a jetting set up for me
Can keep the air box or not
My altitude is 0-3000ft
Thank

Looking on info for jetting 99Phazer 500 with Aaen pipe my dealer wants part numbers for mains and pilots as well as I was told from Aaen to put a blk and yellow spring on clutch ,AAEN said 147.5 on mains and 1-2 sizes up on pilots need p# or a better dealer to talk too..... help

Stock 89 Phazer vmax carb swap with air box What carb jets and settings should I start with. Thanks a lot!

Back