2015 MN TY Ride

So............. Long story short you hurt two motors this weekend? :(

Yes Sir, yes Sir, I did. Friday was the MM, Saturday was the SX. I haven't opened either of them yet. I might not get to the MM until spring.

I don't think the cold did the MM in, the boot from the airbox the mag carb was off, and I think it ate some snow, it was above zero when I was riding that. The magneto plug was all shiny & dimpled

It was cold when the SX seized (-10 or -15), but I was able to play with the primary & unfreeze the SX motor, but we towed it home anyways. I didn't try and even start it. Hopefully I just scuffed a piston...

Ya, he made me tow a Yamaha for the first time..... Been many a Pol-Doo-Cat at the end of my rope but never a Yami

Oh. BTW, I put a new piston and rings in the red sled and got in one more ride, we rode up to Crane Lake & back, and a few smaller rides two weeks ago. I put 400 miles on, since the TY ride. My brother-in-law got nailed in a corner by Cook, that Saturday morning by some guy looking over his shoulder in a turn. My B-I-Ls sled had some minor damage, but he flew over the guys sled and got banged up, the other guy had his ski ripped almost right off. Then after admitting he wasn't looking, he commented that we were riding too fast, but he was the one in the wrong lane, looking the wrong way, what a tool!

I also posted to the 4-stroke thread.

Feb 26-28. I'm pretty sure (99% sure) my house in Ely will be available. Sleeps 8-12 people. I do have a sauna. My house in between Ely and Babbitt, there is trail access to the main trails. Anybody wanting to stay at a Hotel I can recommend the Junction Inn in Babbitt. It's on the trail and has the Junction Bar & Grill right next to it, as well as the Hideaway less than a block away. I've talked to the owners, they do s snowmobilers special where they knock the price down a bit, but didn't have a set discount yet. The price there is $110 a night/2 person to room, and $20 a night if you want to add another adult per room. The sledders discount would put more like $90 a night... There are also several places in Ely. You just need to let me know where you are planning on staying. I will be driving up Thursday afternoon, so if anybodies wants too we can ride all day Friday too.

I also posted to the 4-stroke thread.

Feb 26-28. I'm pretty sure (99% sure) my house in Ely will be available. Sleeps 8-12 people. I do have a sauna. My house in between Ely and Babbitt, there is trail access to the main trails. Anybody wanting to stay at a Hotel I can recommend the Junction Inn in Babbitt. It's on the trail and has the Junction Bar & Grill right next to it, as well as the Hideaway less than a block away. I've talked to the owners, they do s snowmobilers special where they knock the price down a bit, but didn't have a set discount yet. The price there is $110 a night/2 person to room, and $20 a night if you want to add another adult per room. The sledders discount would put more like $90 a night... There are also several places in Ely. You just need to let me know where you are planning on staying. I will be driving up Thursday afternoon, so if anybodies wants too we can ride all day Friday too.

hmmm.... I'll need to burn some vacation this year to come........ Done!

Back