2 stage snowblower mod

And off to the wreckers I go! Power window motor, power window motor...that chute rotating assembly sure is a long ways away while sittin' on the ATV!

Take a sharp,stout and heavy pair of LINEMANS pliers/dikes. I just reached up inside the door and cut the cables. Then just got about 5 new feet of it at the hardware store. I think it was a whopping 18 cents/ foot.

Last edited:
IMG_1538.JPG
You'll need a momentary double pull double throw switch. Look for DPDT on the packaging. I've had good luck with Gardner Bender products.
And get a rubber switch cover also to prevent water intrusion.

Last edited:
The linear actuator is a 4 inch stroke at 20mm/second. Could have used a 6 inch as it could use a bit more on the deflect down stroke.
I modified a screen door closer bracket to mount the actuator.

Attachments

• IMG_1589.jpg
    IMG_1589.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1582.jpg
    IMG_1582.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
These 36" blowers were initially designed for 10,11,12,13 & 14 H.P. tractors. The DLXs came w/ 23,20 & an 18(?)hp water cooled Kawi. Mine is a 20, so I'd have plenty of power if I geared down. The 7" pulley that came stock I replaced w/ a 5.5" pulley.
I used this gearing calculator and figured that the auger went from 1600 to 1950 RPMs w/ the pulley reduction.
http://gadi.agric.za/software/renting/pulley_calc.php
I had to make up the 1.5 difference on the belt guard as it kept jumping off. I took cut down 3/4" rubber mating and secured w/ carriage bolts.
IMG_1609.jpg

Last edited:
I made a lawn sprayer boom for the tractor is summer. And then the gears started turning in my noggin. Use the pig tail that powers the sprayer boom for my heated shield.
The pig tail is mounted underneath the seat.
No more frozen face.

Attachments

• IMG_1630.jpg
    IMG_1630.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1631.jpg
    IMG_1631.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
We only had 1 snow fall this last winter. But HOE-LEE-SH!T can that thing move some friggin snow. And at a stupid fast pace to boot. Simplicity definitely got the design right on these throwers.

Back