who else doesnt have snow?

SOme snow on the lakes, but the trails are mud here. Temps are in the 40s, but will begin cool off after tomorrow. There's some snow around Ely, but not a lot (12-14") and the eastern part of the Taconite Trail has been groomed a few times. At least it's stayed below freezing up there.

well not so sure about this nor'easter anymore. 2 am on the 27th and not even a flake as of yet. forecast is all over the place and looks alot less promising by the hour. just can't seem to catch a break.i know many are in the same sinking boat.thinking about honestly selling and just buying a wheeler and calling it a day. my local Craigslist is flooded with sleds. can't remember seeing so many 4 sale. nature of the beast i guess.

Feb. 1st. Still raining. Big rain storm coming tues. Along with temps up to 10C. Just as well to call it quits with this winter..

very little accumulation out West,warm spell melted a lot and mostly icy now.Real cold as well this weekend and next week with no snow in site...120 miles so far ..can't wait for Spring now so I can get outside and do something.

We have an overabundance of it here now,it's done nothing but snow about every 2-3 days for the last week and a half.Unfortunately it's been blizzard conditions the past 2 storms and another one forecast for tomorrow night into Tuesday.With our luck though it'll dry up shortly and not snow the rest of the winter.I'd rather get a storm like what we've been getting about every week and a half to keep fresh stuff for the trails.

on a positive note,only had my snowblower out twice this winter,used to always snowblow every few days last Winter..what a relief!!! One more month and hopefully Spring melt begins in March(which will take like 2 days) and then I can start all my projects I have been planning already..I hate the cold weather now..

I found out the reason Newfoundland been getting this crap for the last two weeks is because the AO(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctic_oscillation)is in a negative phase.Forecast is for it to go positive next week(If so we should get cold temps and snow,fingers crossed).Its a hard pill to swallow to see Labrador, martimes,eastern seaboard of the US get buried with snow while we get pissed on.By the way be careful around the ponds,went ATVing across one last week that had plenty of ice in the middle,but the edges had open water(Due to the warm-ups).If nfld were to keep this weather pattern up I could see the bottom going out by march(After so much promise in early January with the brutal cold).

I found out the reason Newfoundland been getting this crap for the last two weeks is because the AO(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctic_oscillation)is in a negative phase.Forecast is for it to go positive next week(If so we should get cold temps and snow,fingers crossed).Its a hard pill to swallow to see Labrador, martimes,eastern seaboard of the US get buried with snow while we get pissed on.By the way be careful around the ponds,went ATVing across one last week that had plenty of ice in the middle,but the edges had open water(Due to the warm-ups).If nfld were to keep this weather pattern up I could see the bottom going out by march(After so much promise in early January with the brutal cold).

Just drove across pond in my tacoma. Thousands of ice there. Im tired of this -15 one day and +5 the next. Everything is so icey now. Snow melts and freezes on road every second day. Best thing i ever done was put a locker in my truck yesterday.

one extreme to another here in upstate NY. got slammed with around 18'' of light fluffy power and spent most of the day digging out. at the end of the day figured i fire up the exciter and try and make a path around the house. yeah right!!! about 15 feet into going across the driveway she was done!! she just plows in that much. i expected it. just have a 3/4 track which doesn't help either so guess i will use my brothers Polaris 600 edge to do a little trail breaking. how it does better as its a tank to lift.

Just got in from a ride on the frozen inlet(2 weeks since last ride)..Got about 4 inches of snow here today.Racked up 15miles before it turned to rain.100mm plus of rain for tomorrow by some forecasters and the same track for a storm next week:whine:.No doubt central/eastern newfoundland gets the wet side of all these lows this winter,and the future looks like the same crap.Only change I can see is when its april,no frost in the ground,them comes the big snow:roll:(happen in 1999).Hopes are beginning to dash(Might see if I can put skates on my sled:lol:and take avantage of all the ice around))

Last edited:
Just got in from a ride on the frozen inlet(2 weeks since last ride)..Got about 4 inches of snow here today.Racked up 15miles before it turned to rain.100mm plus of rain for tomorrow by some forecasters and the same track for a storm next week:whine:.No doubt central/eastern newfoundland gets the wet side of all these lows this winter,and the future looks like the same crap.Only change I can see is when its april,no frost in the ground,them comes the big snow:roll:(happen in 1999).Hopes are beginning to dash(Might see if I can put skates on my sled:lol:and take avantage of all the ice around))

Baie verte area is getting dumped. 60cm tomorrow. Il be taking a trip a trip over there next weekend probably

we have gotten slammed in the last week, we have 14 inchs on th ground as of today, took a good while to dig out with the snowblower on my sidewalk to the shop. Ohio isnt exactly the snow capitol of the world...lol

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 9
3ft dump last night. 5 plus ft in hills. Heres what my rd looked like today.sorry pics from my phone always upload cockeyed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 11

Back