Eben Ice caves this year? TY ride adventure?

Sno-Xr

Has anyone been to the Eben ice caves this year? How are they? Worth the walk? I went a few years back and they were awesome, was thinking about taking the wife while we are at the Give away ride if anyone else is up to it. ;)!

We were just there last weekend and there wasn't as much to see as usual. It was really iced over inside and very snow covered outside without a lot of room to walk around. We still had fun though!

Not much room behind the ice to walk through? Happen to have any pictures? Thanks

No, not much room behind the ice at all. I do have pics. Let me try to add them, or I can show you at the give away ride. I have a pic of a guy from the inside trying to squeeze through the ice to get back out.

Yeah, Id say there was a little more room behind the ice when I went, but still looks pretty sweet. Might have to see how things play out at the ride, before planning a run to see them. Heading down to Big Springs is a nice run too...hoping to show the wife some of the sights Ive blown by at 90mph for so many years. I finally got a chance to slow down and see them in more recent years, thanks to the rides MrSled puts on. Would absolutely LOVE to take her over to Grand Island ;)!, Have you heard if the bay is frozen enough to safely cross over?? Went over with MrSled once(the day his avatar pic was taken) then a year later I led a group of TYers over, both times were awesome! Its amazing how high the ice builds up on the north shore from all the Lake Superior waves

Last edited:
The ice caves are always fun no matter what. We slide down the hills and have ablast climbing back up the steep side of the caves to take the shorter route back to the sleds. Did you see the pictures of our TY human chain to get everyone back up the side last year? Always good laughs and great memories. I haven't heard if you can cross to get to Grand Island yet or not. We rode out there last year and it was beautiful. Hopefully we can do that again this year!

Back