98 SRX700 vs 98 SRX700

Viktory2k1

VIP Member
I found out the guy with the fastest srx in the world has a 98, I thought it was a 02 but thats his viper.
Everytime I see him, he just took it home or something and I've never seen it. It got faster, he sounded confused when he asked me what I did with mine over the summer, I told him and he changed the subject to how he used to work for yamaha in R & D.
The BS meter was in full force. He told me he cant steer until 90 and most ppl end up on ground behind it when he lets them ride it.
There is a fisheree tomorrow where I see him, I'll be there with my gopro. All I do is hear about this legendary sled(from other ppl too).
Thats the only other srx in the area, and I have never even seen it!
Whos the one with the sig "the BS stops when the flag drops"? This may be one of those situations.
He sure doesn't look like a sledder.
I'll charge the gopro.
Anyone in WI its at Hunters Nest in Muskego. Meat and gun raffles. A lot of fun.
I'd swap tracks now but ribs already acting up and thats a summer job anyway so I can do bearings in both.

Last edited:

Ah thanks
Saw him today and we talked for a long time, I think he is truthful. He told me he hasen't registered the srx in 5 years so I wont see it tomorrow. I did see his viper and he has some weird clutch set up that I have never seen before. He left sled at bar and his wife drove home(a few too many). His grandson wanted to ride his other sled a Vmax and he told him all the rules and a time to be back. Then we got talking about my wildcat suspension and went home to get it. When I got back, I noticed his viper was gone and told him. Turns out grandsons buddy took off on vmax and GS took off on his viper. They were gone for hours and I volenteered to go look for them. I did find them on other side of lake and told them to get back. More time passed and still not back so I went out again. Never saw them. He was there with his family and I dont drink so they were buying me sodas, so many I almost puked(8 cokes in 2 hours) we talked alot and I learned alot. He was champion in eagle river races for 1973-74 in super mod c(not even sure what that is) and all kinds of stuff. That clutch setup though, I want to know what it is. He said it was $2000 and a lot of tuning. The only thing I recongized was adjustable primary weights, it was all billet anodized red. The secondary looked like a cat diamond drive and very loose spring. Easily turn and push it open. I'll get a pic tomorrow. You guys know what these are but not me. So it will be a 02 viper with weird clutch and dial a jet vs my srx. Sled looked neglected though, appearance wise. He said his srx looks the same, like they were never covered but seat good. I like my stuff to be nice and shiney. We'll see what happens.

LOL
No race, something about hes belt and he wouldn't even let me take a pic of clutches. I posted more in srx section. He is a nice guy.

Back