Weird PM's

Viktory2k1

VIP Member
If anyone got a weird PM saying something about a car auction, I would suggest restarting your windows os PC in safe mode and running what ever anti-malware program you have(only if you clicked the link).
If unsure on how to restart in safe mode, depending on the pc mfg, click restart and while booting, repeatedly press F7 until you get a screen that says selective startup, click that and from the list, select restart in safe mode with networking. Run the program and restart normally. This is only for windows based rigs.
I have some(what I thought)pretty sophisticated anti-malware and virus protection on mine and it still got through but I clicked on the link. Not that I want to go to a car auction but to see if it was what I thought it was. I found 1 trojan and 2 adware installers.
I don't think it affects Android os, Mac, or Linux.

Last edited:

The line through his name means he has been banned. Does not erase pm sent before he was banned though

Good thing I opened it on the iPad then as my pc is acting screwy.

Hackers usually go after windows because its so popular but other os's are becoming increasingly popular as well. Look how much junk runs on some form of android. Linux has been hacked but not as much as windows and I could tell this one was targeting windows just by the file extensions(Win32).
P.S. Anyone want to go look at car auctions? lol

I clicked it and a little while later, I sent myself a PM with that same msg!
Thats when I cleaned my PC.

Last edited:
Lol recommend a cleaner? Tried malwRe bites, yac, avast and avg on it. Keeps coming back and I have a computer at work that was infected through Google chrome. Pita to say the least.

Malwarebytes should work if run in safemode. (the free version is pretty good)

The ppl who do this are always 1 step ahead of the anti-virus/malware designers. Probably programers that got fired or ???. I am sort of new to the later versions of windows like 7 and 8.1 but I am noticing they all pretty much work the same as windows 95, just a new face. Like windows 8.1 with that horrible "metro" view that the computer boots to. That way the first thing I learned about 8.1, how to get rid of that. Great site for this kind of stuff is Toms hardware. Tons of reviews on electronics and techy articles. I haven't been there in a while but I think its time.
Remember the hackers that hacked the US GOV sites? The gov has trying to find out who did it and all the big hackers like "anonymous" denied it? Its like the Mob. Very interesting stuff. Probably know more about programing then Bill Gates.

Oh, most anti-malware/virus programs can find a problem in safe mode because if the "infected" program is running, it will be hard for the anti-malware program to pic it up.
My favorite is the one that lets you see your desktop but you can't click on anything because a msg pops up saying it is an infected file and directs you to a pay anti-virus program which will fix your pc. It will for a day or so then it opens up your computer for all kinds of viruses, the big ones that erase your HD. You basicly pay for a virus. How nice.

Back