AC choke switch help

Youllbe2nd

I broke the choke switch on the old zrt. Seems like a really cheap crappy design. I bought the little rebuild kit for the switch and when I went to push the roll pin through, guess what. SNAP. I am going to grab 3 of these kits tomorrow because they are only 6$. Is there a trick to getting this pin installed without breaking the cheap plastic? I was thinking of heating the pin and pinching it with vise grips to get it started. how do I push it the rest of the way without snapping it off? What a crap shoot.

Make sure you install the roll pin in a heated shop or heat all the plasctic pieces with a heat gun or a hair dryer before insatlling the pin. Get the roll pin started on one side, be sure to line up the center piece then press in the pin with a channel locks.

yep, very fragile, I am surprised they work in the first place. I think a lot of ppl try and hammer the pin in. If the piece broke right at the hole, you can sometimes grind it down and drill a new hole and adj the cable to compensate.
If you make pin stick out of lever a tiny bit, you will feel it catch the hole in the cable connector. I didn't know that you could just buy the lever and connector many years ago. I musta spent hundreds on the whole assemblies.

Last edited:

Back