Lose some lbs

badazzyammie

What can I do to my 02 srx to shed some weight so far all i have done Is hauck old style growlers boss seat that I just bought not received yet what else can I do to lose some weight?

The heaviest single component on a snowmobile is the rider.

Ouch, that one hit close to home - but true.

Side Show Bob had a post about the diet he put his '02 SRX on. It was quite impressive. Couldn't find it but I didn't look very hard.

A list from what I remember but nowhere near complete:

Trailing arms
Mono-Skid
Brake rotor
Seat
Shocks

Ok thanks what about the bumper supports is it worth to swap them out for viper alluninum ones or not?

Here's how I got my 2002 144" SRX under 500lbs dry[reduced weight by 60+ lbs over stock 121"]

Ceramic coated Power Inc pipes and silencer.....................-16lbs
SLP light weight brake rotor.............................................-3
Removed stud protectors.................................................-2
Mountain Perf trailing arms..............................................-4
Light weight front end[radius and steering rods].................-2
Boss seat......................................................................-9
Titanium suspension x-shafts............................................-2
Titanium drive shaft........................................................-2
Titanium jack shaft.........................................................-2
Chrome molly suspension arms........................................-6
CB aluminum spindles.....................................................-2
2011 Phazer Fox Ski Air Shocks........................................-4
Fox Air shock as rear pro action shock...............................-6

Total weight reduction..................................................-60lbs

I have also reduced the weight of my 2007 Apex Attak by about 60lbs as well

Here's how I got my 2002 144" SRX under 500lbs dry[reduced weight by 60+ lbs over stock 121"]

Ceramic coated Power Inc pipes and silencer.....................-16lbs
SLP light weight brake rotor.............................................-3
Removed stud protectors.................................................-2
Mountain Perf trailing arms..............................................-4
Light weight front end[radius and steering rods].................-2
Boss seat......................................................................-9
Titanium suspension x-shafts............................................-2
Titanium drive shaft........................................................-2
Titanium jack shaft.........................................................-2
Chrome molly suspension arms........................................-6
CB aluminum spindles.....................................................-2
2011 Phazer Fox Ski Air Shocks........................................-4
Fox Air shock as rear pro action shock...............................-6

Total weight reduction..................................................-60lbs

I have also reduced the weight of my 2007 Apex Attak by about 60lbs as well

Oops, I thought you installed a mono skid too.

Seem to remember reading it being quite a bit lighter.

Remove the old skid and go for a much lighter and better reacting skid. We switched the old Proaction for an SC3 from a 2004 doo. Much lighter, easier to service and a piece of cake to put in and out. The Viper feels much lighter when riding. Al

liteweight hood I would add to that list. stock hood is very heavy.

On my sx i took off every single thing that wasnt necessary ( clutch gaurd, skid plate, protectors, suspension wheels.... ) Also have liteweight trailing arms, silencer, edge skid which i stripped quite a bit of weight off, gutted bottom of stock seat, and aluminum bumper supports, even took speedo cable and handwarmer wiring off. This just by feel is ALOT lighter. I havent had a way to weight it.

Sorry for the late response just got back from the u.p no service up there great ride tho except for all those cats breaking lol any way where do u get the aluminum radious rods at i found the spindles and trailing arms

Sorry for the late response just got back from the u.p no service up there great ride tho except for all those cats breaking lol any way where do u get the aluminum radious rods at i found the spindles and trailing arms

Mountain Performance used to have them but they haven't been concentrating on 2 stroke Yamahas for a long time

I would think removing some pounds off the rear end would be where you start, I'm picturing the heavy back end pushing the lightened front end in high speed turns and low grip situations, am I wrong on this theory? I know you could compensate by pulling the straps up but then your loosing grip aswell, seems to be a fine ballance if you want to continue to dangle past the newer sleds with our fearsome relics, any wisdom is welcome, takes a lot of pondering to stay fast

There are a lot of threads about things you can do. the skid is a good place to start. Either a whole different one lightening the existing by removing bogies, transfer enhancement kit, and possibly changing out the rear shock. Aftermarket shocks are lighter. If you are looking at new front Fabcraft still sells them as well, radius rods and steering rods too. If you want to increase the powder handling consider going to Viper trailing arms. They are 1 1/2 taller, but you need spindles and arms as well. It raises the front end. depends on what machine/abilities you are working on enhancing.

Back