help!! I bought a 2000 SRX,it has BR10EYA plugs in it??

Yamaouch08

VIP Member
like it says,just bought a 2000 SRX and it has BR10EYA plugs in it? ? i didn't notice it when i went and looked at it,i know it's suppose to have BR9ECS plugs in it. Anyone have any ideas why the previous owner put these plugs in it? should I change them out? Any help out there?? thanks

10 is a colder heat range plug, EYA is supposed to be a non foul version of the ES. I would put BR9ECS in it and run it. Cant imagine it hurt anything running the 10EYA's and cant really think of WHY they would have them other than bought wrong ones or they already had them on hand.

10's are fine if your doing alot of wide open flat out lake racing, as mentioned its a colder plug so you have a little less chance of detonation as the plugs colder, but they dont work well for trail riding and will foul easier because they are colder. 9 heat range is a good overall heat range and will do both if the sled is tuned properly. Yamaha first brought out the srx in 98 they came with 10 heat range plugs, then after most guys were fouling them out trying to trail ride they put out a service bulletin and reccomened 9 heat range, its been 9 heat range ever since 98.

as for the eya, eg,es,ecs, those are all differnt electrode featurs, ecs was a more sunken electrode/short ground strap inside housing thought to be better for long pulls and not transmit as much heat to the piston, eg is like a thin wire racing plug, ev is a grooved ground strap. all in all it really doesnt make that much differance and whatever you choose will be fine, as long as your in a 9 heat range thats far more important.

Br9es will be a lot cheaper per plug than ecs plugs and will also work. I've used both and can't tell the difference other than the expensive price tag for ecs plugs

Back