so whats it take to be a moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowdad4

VIP Member
just curious. some screen names you come to know and trust based on their knowledge, experience, and passion. some others you just kind of shake your head and wonder WTF?

so it makes me wonder what direction someone is taking when you see one of the wtf'ers(my opinion, of course) with a super moderator in their sig. obviously i lack the computer skills nor have any desire to hold this position, i was just wondering on the criteria.

Are you asking to become a mod? Some donate more then just posts... like yourself. When a user has that much passion to give to the site I like to take a chance if they ask to be a moderator. Do I always make the correct choices... hell no. Moving posts and posting them in the correct sections a user does not need to know to much tech about Yamaha but need to know how to use the forum tools.

To me there are 2 type of mods:
One the supports the masses with Tech Info and knows a lot sleds and Yamaha.
and the other has a pile of time or knowledge to help keep the forum staying organized by moving threads, deleting old classifieds and watching for Non VIPS and advertising trying to break the site rules.

If anyone has a problem with my decision I would appreciate a PM NOT a public posting about your feelings...

mr sled- i apologize if i raised your hackles a bit, was not my intent. after re-reading my original post, i can see where your concern about my opinion in the open forums may have been questionable, but in my mind i was simply asking a question. as i stated, most of your underlings seem to have proven themselves with experience and knowledge. i didnt feel the need to personally bother you, it just raised the question as to the criteria. i think there may have been several others wondering the same. unfortunately on my part, i am the type that speaks my mind. if you stop and think about it, over 90% of the posts are opinions based on experience. its how we help each other and make the site grow.

i dont really have a problem with any of your decisions and i dont envy your position. no, i have no desire to moderate your site, lack the skills. no pissing match intended, but thanks for the clarification on moderator duties. now i know. i asked a question and got an answer. hey, thats what we are here for, right?

not that this required a rebuttal, but i felt the need to exonerate myself. perhaps others can benefit from this as well.

mr sled- i apologize if i raised your hackles a bit, was not my intent. after re-reading my original post, i can see where your concern about my opinion in the open forums may have been questionable, but in my mind i was simply asking a question. as i stated, most of your underlings seem to have proven themselves with experience and knowledge. i didnt feel the need to personally bother you, it just raised the question as to the criteria. i think there may have been several others wondering the same. unfortunately on my part, i am the type that speaks my mind. if you stop and think about it, over 90% of the posts are opinions based on experience. its how we help each other and make the site grow.

i dont really have a problem with any of your decisions and i dont envy your position. no, i have no desire to moderate your site, lack the skills. no pissing match intended, but thanks for the clarification on moderator duties. now i know. i asked a question and got an answer. hey, thats what we are here for, right?

not that this required a rebuttal, but i felt the need to exonerate myself. perhaps others can benefit from this as well.

No need to apologize... its a fair question and your request was well deserved. Its all good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back