8BU-10 at 8200

Corey9965

Got out with my '01 finally. I'm running WWW with 8BU-10's at 55.9 grams each. 50/42 Helix with green spring at 70. I think I may be a little heavy on the weights, keeping my rpm down. Engages at 4000 and jumps up to 8100-8200 immediately. Can't seem to get her over that 8200 hump. Gets to 100 REAL quick.
Now my question is, I'm close, but I need another 300 rpm. So should I take out the weights again and do more grinding or should I change my secondary tension to get me closer? I also have a red second spring.

Thanks for for any input.

either lighten up the rivets some or swap out to a y/w/y stock srx spring.

You don't tune rpm with the sec spring, rpm is controlled by the front clutch.

Last edited:
So does the more total force on that spring raise my top rpm? I would have thought it would be the other way. Less total force for more rpm? I'm still learning so bear with me. Lol

So does the more total force on that spring raise my top rpm? I would have thought it would be the other way. Less total force for more rpm? I'm still learning so bear with me. Lol

yes, more force=higher rpm. The w/w/w/ is 45/119kg, the y/w/y is 45/128kg. You could also likely get into the middle of the range for those 2 springs by using some spring shims, say if you wanted like 125kg, on the w/w/w spring but it will also raise your engagement speed by shimming them. Which sometimes you want to for racing but sometimes you don't for trail riding as much more then 4000rpm is a trench digger a lot of times on snow.

Back