TY Vmax Vintage Build Stage 12

Vmax540 said:
Awesome just, freekin Awesome......Must have been the summer layoff which made me miss this build. This is the most advanced made for the trail (Opsled I did say Trail) Vmax540 I have ever seen and more than likely ever was or will be ! Just an observation.... I have added the longer 94-96 TSS struts to older Yamaha sleds and noticed your struts seem to have a fair amount of sit in sag ? I have always found the older sleds in the front weigh so much less than the 94-96's that the springs are too stiff and therefore the struts are topped out with little to no sit in. Thank you ! Chuck S.

http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22988

Whaattt??? How'd I get hauled into that?? ;)! ;)! ;)!

Anywho, I've been watching this build myself and I'm in complete agreement with your enthusiasm Chuck. I have had desires to do this same basic concept for years but this one has gone to levels I never even thought of.

VERY, VERY, COOL

opsled

MrSled said:
Sometimes its best to keep them to yourself... they can be taken offensively.

But no means did I intend to offend you, I apologize if that happened I dont know why it shows only 4 post's for me as I've been a member for alot of years.
Keep up the good work :rockon:

BURMAD69 said:
But no means did I intend to offend you, I apologize if that happened I dont know why it shows only 4 post's for me as I've been a member for alot of years.
Keep up the good work :rockon:

I was an early member of the original site heck, I was like the 4th to have ever posted in the classified section but, over the years and especially, early on the site would not recognize my User and password (which I have used for a long long time and is embeded in my mind) so, I had to re-enter several times and now shows I am member 35xx something....

Send me that original username and if I can find it still I can merge it into this one and you will still be number 4.

nice work... and lots of it I'm sure! I've always loved the look of the Vmax. I remember looking at them in the show room in the mid 80s when I was too young to buy them and they were $7k CDN. That was expensive then but it would be nice to get sleds for that now!

I wouldn't mind seeing pictures of the inside if you've got the engine and exhaust cleaned up.

Absolutely great overhaul you have done. Have a `86 Vmax 540 i will try and freshen up. First steps will be to change the skid into something newer. Maybe a SRX 700 skid or Xtra-10, depends on what i find available.
That 136 Mono skid and XT TSS looks awesome though.

Absolutely great overhaul you have done. Have a `86 Vmax 540 i will try and freshen up. First steps will be to change the skid into something newer. Maybe a SRX 700 skid or Xtra-10, depends on what i find available.
That 136 Mono skid and XT TSS looks awesome though.

They are fun project, just very time consuming. The mono in the back of that sled, its like a Cadillac.

Back