Decal removal on SRX

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
Ok I've been the majority of all afternoon today messing with the decals on my '01 SRX. I've removed stickers and decals from other stuff in the past but I've never seen anything quite like these things for glue. I've tried heat from my heat gun and I've tried just pulling them off cold, it's pretty frustrating and I still have one more SRX to come off plus the glue from all the others. I don't know if I'm using too much heat or not enough or maybe the glue just gets left behind and has to be stripped later. Either way this is getting really old fast. Who has a trick to getting these off easier?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Heat gun, can't get too close. Its a fine line. Guaranteed you will need to use Goo-gone to get the glue off the paint.

I should've mentioned this in my post but I've already tried wd40 and goo gone. Neither did much but I will also say I was working outside in the sun so that may have played a part in my poor result.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Hate to be the bearer of bad news......
But, i tried getting decals off of a 1998 xtc hood, sticker came off, glue didn’t.
Tried gasoline, wd-40 goo gone gel left on for 3 days, lighter fluid, once I gave up on ever getting it off, used paint thinner.
Removed paint, didn’t touch the decal glue....

Back