91 exciter 570

68wise

I just recently purchased a Yamaha exciter new nothing about it no key when I bought it so I unplugged key choked it and in 5 pulls we were running. I thought I could run without a key but when I pushed kill switch nothing happened. Do I need key switch for kill switch to work or is kill switch bad too? Which should I replace key switch or kill if they are both bad? The sled has a bender racing pipe...I know nothing about it but wanted insight to keep it running good. Do the oil injection systems work or do I need to add oil to gas to be safe. Any special instructions since its piped?

The ignition is a normally open system. I have ignition switches with with keys if your interested. The oil injection systems are very reliable and shouldnt be an issue. You can run a tank of 50:1 in it, fill the oil tank full, and then take note of the oil consumption the next time you re-fuel to be sure it is working if you feel you need to.
I would verify the carb jetting you have to make sure they are jetted to work with the pipe.

Bender is Dynoport now. Not sure if anyone there is from the Bender / Exciter days. Worth a try tho.

Cyl oil injection kit works nice. Yamaha was a bit goofy back then. Yamaha advertised "direct oil injection" as superior on yamaha 2 stroke outboards. But at the same time did the fuel mix at the pump on sleds

Back