primary problems??

Kidder

for a while now i have beendealing with a bad overrev problem. the sled works ok some times and then sometimes when your bliping the throttle under a load (deep snow) it acts like you pushed in the clutch on your pickup truck. i always thought it was a problem with the secondary so ive been throwing parts at it like a mad man. finally i got sick and tired of guessing so i took a complete secondary off my buddies sleb, changed the spring and helix, and threw it on mine. SAME PROBLEM. #$%&* so i have narrowed it down to the primary. so i did a quick search on here and sure enough, sombody had the same type of problem and someone told them to change the primary cover bushing because it can wear out and hang up on the shaft. why didn't i think of that :o| anyways i ordered both main bushings in the primary, cover and sliding sheave. i am hoping this will finally fix my ghost extreme over rev problem. what do you guys think???

i would say that that bushing would be a very likely candidate for a bad overrev. The other thing i could think of would be a belt slip from powder hitting the clutch, but this would only happen in powder.

Back