Is a mtn viper as good as or bettrer than a MM

mcflying

Hello i am new here.
Please be patient with the newbie.
i am looking at picking up a god used Yamaha and am wondering what the impressions are of the people here about the viper mtn vs. the MM ?
And their strengths and weaknesses ?

Thanks very much
Cheers

Marty

Good to hear, I have both and I wasn't all that happy with the Viper. I just put SLP's on and I'm heading out for first ride Saturday.

SS

I have a Viper w/SLP's my buddy has a MM w/SLP's both sleds are 136" sleds that we ride in the mountains.The MM runs strong, but the Viper out performs it in all conditions. If the price is close to the same for both sleds get the Viper. Both sleds are good, cant go wrong with either one!

My mountain viper is not as durable as the mountain max is. My first roll last season ripped the windscreen off and broke two of the three plastic dash pieces. The tunnel extension almost came off after 600 miles from the rivets loosening up. It's still a great sled, just not what I had hoped for.

theres no decision to be made

Viper all the way, the Max may be cheaper if that is one of your concerns.

Don't just put on pipes and expect it to go much better you must clutch it to make the engine work. Took a lightweighted viper with a stock engine just clutch work done and beat up on a slp piped viper with stock clutching. :roll:

Terry

this wouldn't be the Terry that got the Ekholm skid installed last November, would it? It it is, I have been trying to get ahold of you.

Back