Help installing Rox Riser

tomseal6

VIP Member
I won this ROX 2 in pivot riser I think it is off our NFL contest a few years back and wanted to install it on my SRX. I think it will bring or tilt the handle bars more towards me. I think it was super1c or staggs who sent me this from the contest. Please let me know if it is a pivot riser.

I have no experience in installing these so any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• riser.jpg
    riser.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 22

Tom those were mine. Easy install. The bottom goes into the handlebar mount where your handlebars are now then your handlebars mount into the top. You can move them any way you want. I usually had the riser straight up and the bars tilted back just a tad. Those are nice risers.

Yes, very nice riser. I had it hanging up since I got it and now just getting ready to install it. I'll take some pictures with it installed.

Thank you for donating this. I hope u can come up across the bridge sometime.

Ok,

SO I think I have this figured out. I take it we dont use the washers? This risers do not sit in the base block that good with the washers.

I could not remove them from the bolt but maybe could stick them to a grinder. Thought I would stop here for the night.

Attachments

• risers1.jpg
    risers1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 22
  • risers2.jpg
    risers2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Make sure you tight those very good! There isn't a knurled surface on those so they tend to move around a bit if you hit a bump. As tight as you can get them ontop & bottom of risor. I was actually thinking about drilling & tapping into mine so they'll never move...

Would it hurt to roughen up the contact surface area with sand paper to help prevent movement?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Would it hurt to roughen up the contact surface area with sand paper to help prevent movement?

No I don't think it'll hurt any, my 2" rox risers would always move. I had to keep tightening to the point I thought I was going to strip the threads! mine kept moving on me...just my experience with them.

Not steal your thread but I have a quick question.
Built. My own riser and was wondering if I should use case hardened bolts or if regular bolt would be fine?
And tomseal6 I used a rox riser before and I took a file and cut small groves in them and I didn't have any more movement.

What about the washers in the bolts?

Seems like they interfere at the block and pivot point

244fac6bc6e1f00b23aadeee3da44f13.jpg
4053e874c643728c9d1b90c3bed3e203.jpg

Well I picked back up on it tonight and lightly tightened the bolts so I can adjust where I want it. Have not been feeling good at all last few days so i went to the Doc today. He x rayed my stomach and gave me some meds. So now back on it.

Chris, I must say that this feels amazing and the reach and tilt to how I ride from these risers in going to make a big difference in comfort.

Thank you so much for donating

Lol. I even found a good place for the Rox sticker

f3b1e11cfdeff24ad9ab5a9a2299e61c.jpg

Got the handle bar bag back on where I keep my phone so I can Bluetooth my Tunes into my helmet LOL

Back