2000 Mountain Max build-up

01sxr700

VIP Member
I found a 2000 MM rolling chassis with a 151 timbersled skid, rolled chaincase, lightweight front end but no motor. Was curious if anyone knew if it feasible to put a SRX motor in there. Previously was a 600. Or would this be a PITA.

The bulkhead is different to put a power valve motor in it but it wouldn't be that hard to find a good redhead to drop back in. If the wiring harness is still intact that would make the drop in all the easier.

Yes I know that but was just curious. Was just thinking about building up another sled. If you look in my bio you can see what I have dine to my sxr but it doesn't want to get up on the snow like my son's Mountain Viper. Mine just wants to keep trenching. Any suggestions?

The short track sxr skid has a steep approach angle. That is the root cause of your trenching. More horsepower won't solve the problem it's all in the setup. Even if you bought that mtn max for parts it's a good deal but by the sounds of it somebody already did the hard work to make it perform well.

You did the MPI skid relocate. Did you change the front shock spring in the skid? As for the mountain chassis drop a red head in it with pipes and ride....................SRXtreme

IIRC it needs to be a 1.8kg/mm. I need to find my notes to confirm. At any rate the spring needs to be soft so the front of the skid will collapse allowing it to get on top of the snow...................SRXtreme

The front skid shock on a mountain sled needs to be as soft as you can ride it. Like said above. All the machine weight gets carried on the rear skid shock. Plush is important too when the sled is stiff and ridgid it loses its compliance with the snow and you end up trenching.

Back