Performance mods an old 05 SX Viper - Advice?

GasCan

I've read a lot of threads and have decided to add some mods to an 05 SX Viper Mtn 144 I bought last year. The former owner added the torque arm and that's about it. Runs strong and has what appears to be a factory rear heat ex-changer and now I'd like to add RP triple pipes to it and rejet the carbs and do the clutch. I'm curious to know if it's wise to do the reeds with a new set or if I should forgo that and stick to pipes, carbs and clutch work.

I'm also concerned about heat as I don't want to have this done and then have it melt down. Is the opticool head gasket a sure thing for better cooling and is there any benefit to cooling if I can find an aftermarket head such as Peak Performance (if they still make one that is). Also wondering, are there any differences on the pipes for the 03-04 model versus the 05-06 models. Most parts I am finding all refer to the 02-04 years and have no mention whether they for the 05 models? Is the 05/06 different from the older SX Vipers?

Any advice from the gurus is much appreciated.

GasCan

all years viper use the same parts, the only differance is the 04 and up with the dcs sensor in head but you can add a threaded adaptor and run the dcs sensor on peak head.

Thank you. Is the adapter just a standard thread pipe adapter or is there one designed for the head conversion that's available off the shelf?

Mods are finished up on the Viper. Had a set of NOS SLP pipes installed, rejetted for 5000' elevation, added some weight to the clutch and changed springs. Should be a rocket now and just waiting on some fresh coming in the next 12 hours or so. Going to test it out tomorrow and headed to the mountains this weekend.

Back