M10 skid back to stock skid???

nick5oh

Is it possible? To switch back to stock from an m10 suspension? I have the stock skid...and the m10 skid, and a track that fits the m10....not sure if the track will work for the stock skid??? Also not sure where the bolts go for the upper wheels of the stock skid? Maybe they're under the plate that's riveted on the tunnel for the m10??? I'd like to be able to try both out and see what I like....first things first is whether or not I need to buy a $500+track just to try out the stock skid or will the m10 track work? Thanks guys

As long as the skids are the same length the track will work. The rear drop brackets may have been removed. The M10 uses 2 plates that get mounted in the tunnel to locate and mount the suspension. Look for some photos of stock sleds and compare yours to them. The m10 is a better skid, but the front suspension needs the travel increased so the sled isn't nose down..................SRXtreme

If you like bumps m-10 is way better, if you like smooth and high speed stock is way to go. Easy way to lift the front about 1.5 inches is viper spindles and steering arms with a spacer and everything else stock.

I finally got to try out my m10 a little and it is way better than the pro action in my opinion. It depends on what you want to do with the sled. If you want to drag race you might want the stock skid. If not the m10 is way better in every other way and you would be wasting your time switching to the pro action. I got rid of the pro action in both my sleds and if I get any more sleds with the pro action that will be the very first thing I change. If for some reason you don't want the m10 sell it and get a monoshock or something else. This is just my opinion.

Don't mean to hijack this thread but can you elaborate on the front height adjustment fix?

If you need plates to put the proaction back I just drilled a pair out of mine to add the M-20 skid.

Don't mean to hijack this thread but can you elaborate on the front height adjustment fix?

If you need plates to put the proaction back I just drilled a pair out of mine to add the M-20 skid.

Where you located? Are the plates still usable? I wouldn't mind having a set incase I ever wanna try a stock skid.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/sear...LINS+-+SRX700SC/TRACK+SUSPENSION+2/parts.html

Do I need....13,15,16,47,48,49, and 52-57? I'm thinking that's what I need to go back to stock, I'd really appreciate someone's help who has installed an m10. I read up on the m10 install, I know you drill out the riveted rear bracket, and then basically drill and river the m10 plates in and bolt up. I have the complete stock skid, the oem Yamaha parts are still available and I'd like to buy em before there obsolete. Thanks guys!

Alot of the parts you mention should still be with your stock skid. The bushings, washer plates. If your skid is complete all you need are the rear drop brackets, 6 mounting bolts. (48,49,54,56, and 16. I cannot find the fische with the brackets on. You will probably require all six brackets that rivet inside the tunnel..................SRXtreme

49&16 just bolt through the chassis right into the skid don't they? And then there's just drop down brackets at the rear? I could be wrong.....?56 is listed as a bracket so I thought that was the drop down bracket. Again I could be wrong. Thanks for the help.

49&16 just bolt through the chassis right into the skid don't they? And then there's just drop down brackets at the rear? I could be wrong.....?56 is listed as a bracket so I thought that was the drop down bracket. Again I could be wrong. Thanks for the help.

Yes they just bolt through the chassis into the skid. Let me reword my previous post. You will need the 2 drop brackets and 4 stiffener plates.56 is basically a washer you need them. I don't see any of these on the fische.................SRXtreme

Last edited:
Bringing this back from the dead.....
Can anyone explain for sure if this is possible? Is the rear factory hole elongated when installing the m10? Or just in a different spot but still hidden under the m10 plate? I cant see the factory hole due to the plate being in the way. I know that there are 2 new holes for the front arm in the tunnel, and the stock hole is not used anymore. I know the tunnel support plates are cut out or ground for clearance when doing the m10 but I don't think it would affect bolting in the stock skid again?

If you want to regress,, stock holes are in tunnel,, all you need are the two support brackets for the rear,, unless the reinforsment plates were removed from the front...............

Back