Shooting myself in the foot? Heelclicker

Robbe144

Hi
I have wrote before about my Viper bogging down on me in the deep snow. I have tried lightening the weights. At start it had 3.3 grams in the heel, mid & tip empty. Seemed revvier but approx 2cm left of the pencil mark on primary. Also tried stiffening the secondary but that didn't feel right either of course rpms was higher but there was a very unnatural upshift.
Red spring in primary, 42-36 helix, green spring in secondary, cpr pipes. Going to order a new secondary spring in case of wear.

On on heelclickers website it says 4.8 grams in the heel and 3.3 grams in the tip, middle empty.
Here on this site I have read that I should load maximum at the heel and add some in the mid.

A note on on the weights. The heel bolt/screw are 5mm, mid & tip are threaded 6mm.

Any inputs?

Thanks
Robert

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 22

May want to so some searching but I think your helix should be more around 51-43, I could be wrong, but it sounds right in my head.

Ok thanks maybe I'll look in to helixes also.
May someone can point me in the right direction regarding the weights.
Here's my plan anyway: Heavier weights 4.8 + 3.3?, new green secondary spring.
Will this be an ok setup to start with?
This is what I've been reading making me think this way:
http://www.totallyamaha.com/snowmob...cker Tips/Tips for use with heel clickers.htm
http://heelclickerclutching.com/tech-info/pdf/HC-Yam.pdf
https://www.ibackshift.com/article/calibrating-112.asp

/Robert

Last edited:
Yes I've replaced all the bushings and buttons. Clean the belt and clutches periodically.
Ok I'll try and get my hands on one of those helixes. Want it to work in the deep snow also.

Since I didn't get it to work ok with one adjustment at a time (from where I was), I'm going to reset it and go from there:
* Jetting to airbox as per advise here on ty
* Weights as per ty tech section or hc website (will test)
* 48-38 helix
* New green secondary spring
* Oh, and I've ordered a 20t upper gear to lighten things up a bit. ( lake runs don't give me anything and the trails are pretty narrow, lots of turns and bumps around here too)

Last edited:
First Thanks a lot for all good info, much appreciated! :)

Seems like a minor jungle with these helixes.. :)
Can I just use any brand? Do they wear much or is it ok to buy a used one?

Any chance the power valves are jamming open. Reducing low end power. Never seen it happen but just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I haven't taken them apart. Checked them "wire by wire" with engine running last winter. I heard a distinct change of sound on each of them when pulled open. They all moved smoothly and there was a good "spring tension". So I didn't dig any deeper.

not the powervalves, its the helix doing it, too steep of a finish angle and you overload the clutchs and sled bogs. Use the helix suggestions given here, a 48/38 is a good one!

Yes ok.
Have put in a wtb in the classifieds, if nothing in a couple of days I'll order a new one.

Really excited to try it out :)

Has anyone had any trials and luck with a viper and the heel-x ?

yes, used the heel x before had the best results with a 34 and 36 degree helix. set front weights up as usual,and keep the tips weighted with single piped viper.

Back