SRX tach not working, fixed the rubs

averagesleder

Hi everyone, 2000 SRX, tach isn't working( I've tried another one so the problem isn't the actual tach) I pulled the entire wiring harness and taped up the rubs throughs, there were a few. Still doesn't work. It was working perfectly fine before I cleaned the valves and carbs( not that that would cause but it worked fine before) Headlights work fine on high and low beams. Fuel gauge works.

So where do I look now, could it be the actual wire to the to the tach, seems odd it'd just be the one wire. Any thoughts would be great.

Andrew

check the wire to the CDI box,If I remember from years back(the Brown wire,but can't confirm at this moment).When I bought my 02 SRX the tach wasn't working. I opened up a little spot on the wire to the cdi,wrapped another wire to it,ran the length to the tach,started the sled and tach was working..so somewhere from the CDI to the tach,wire was broken,cut or mashed.To hard for me to trace it this method worked.Then I ran a permanent wire from the CDI to the Tach,covered it in tubing and tied it in place where it could never be severed.Has been working a long long time since.;)!

Back