Trailer backpack mount ideas

mtndreamer

I am posting this here because I know you mountain guys will understand what I'm getting at. I'm redoing my trailer this year and trying to be organized so it's a hook and go deal vs a throw it in the trailer and worry about it when we get there. Anyways I'm trying to get all the gear organized and one that I'm having a small issue with is backpacks. I want something that could mount to the wall like a goalpost and hold the shoulder straps vs the grab strap on top. I figured going down the road the shoulder straps would provide better strength for a loaded back back. I went to the hardware store and screwed some pipe together with a flange to mount to the wall but I'm putting all aluminum accessories in the trailer and wanted to keep a factory built look. Oh yeah time is also an issue. I can weld up some nice brackets but am limited on time. Just wondering if anyone had thought the same thing. Also I want to put a gold out bench from the wall if anyone has ideas on that route. Thanks!

i did my trailer interior using gladiator garage products. dont know if they are still available, but i utilized a couple of longer hooks for the back packs' straps like you mentioned. however, after a few times having to backtrack for the backback, i now let them ride on the sled's handlebars. depending on what pack you have, this works well and its right there so you dont forget it. lacks the bling factor your probably after, but works well for my needs.

i will assume a typo and you meant fold out bench. what i did there was find some heavy duty hinged shelf brackets. seems like they were rated at around 750 lbs. the brand stickers have long fallen off, but my bench is 12" and the portion attached to the trailer wall studs is about 8". google will be your friend on that one. mine have a spring loaded quick release to allow the bench to be lowered and using 1x material for the seat i am about 1 1/2" from the wall. my seat is about 30" long and the brackets are mounted to the 24" oc trailer wall studs. dont ask for pictures, i lack the skills.

Thanks for the ideas! This should be a pretty good build and a lot more functional use of space when we are done .

Back