Screen printing on a pair of pants/bibs

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
Has anyone ever taken a pair of pants or bibs and had them printed on? I'm buying a pair of pants through a local automotive parts store,to support local,but they are of course not Yamaha branded.What I'd like to do is find a place that can screen print,or whichever method will work,what I'd like to have on them,but I'm not sure where I could get this done in my area or what kind of shop I should be looking for.Specialty interior shop? Boat sails? Or is there some kind of kit out there that will allow me to do it myself?

It's easy do it yourself.... But way easier and a lot more expensive to have a shop do it. Haha. Specialty shops will have minimums to order, on top of a screen setup charge...You could easily spend a $100 bucks, but you know it will be done right. I've used speedball brand ink. It's a waterbased acrillic so I'm not sure if it would work with whatever waterproof coating is likely on your pants. Also you have to iron the print after to heat set it. ( again you'll have to do some homeowork on compatibility) I've only done t-shirts/ sweatshirts/ paper. Anyway If you decide you want to take on the project yourself speedball makes all the products you need which are... Photo emulsion($10-20) a screen with prob 110 mesh -you'll make a frame and stretch the screen over. ($5) ink ($10). You'll also need a squeegee, a 115ish watt lightbulb and some time. Lots of videos on YouTube. You basically print your graphic on a transparency. Coat the stretched screen with the photo emulsion as per the instructions... Then expose the graphic on the screen to basically make a stencil. All the work is in "setting up the screen" once you have a great stencil the printing is a no brainer. Some of the videos make it look difficult... It's not at all as long as you follow the directions exactly. Practice on paper or a similar material first. My first evr print turned out great.

Back