SRX Crank Questions

musselman

Looking for some advice on what to do with the crank out of my 2002 srx. I'm starting to worry about the mileage on it, it has just under 30,000 km on it now.

How long do these cranks usually last? Sled has never been blown up to my knowledge but the top end has been done twice due to mileage. It has run amsoil interceptor all its life and been fogged for summer storage every year.

Would I be best to look for a new crank or have this one rebuilt? Or just check to see if it is still in spec and let it go for another 30,000 :dunno:.

I definitely don't want to spend the money if I don't have to. But don't want any issues either, I plan on keeping this sled for a while.

You could take it into a crank shop to have it looked over and just have them replace any bearings that were questionable and have it trued up if it needed it, that would be cheaper than a full rebuild.

I'd at least do the bearings and seals in the case. It'd be a damn shame if you smoked a crank bearing.

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

Haha sounds good, well I guess I will check it over when I pull it next year and get it looked at and measured.

I had some bearing chatter marks when I had it out at 16,000 km so I'll have to see what its doing now.

Back