srx poppin plugs !!!!!!

Srx700#1

Why is it if I start my sled up, warm it up, and take off, am i getting 100ft before it blows a plug? And its not the same ones all the time. But, iv never blown the center cyl plug......lucky i guess? And yet if i can get past that stage it runs fine for the rest of the day. as far as i know the carbs have been recently cleaned but the jets remain stock.

Do you mean fouling the plug? What is your warm up procedure? If you are leaving it on the enrichener circuit for too long that could be doing it. Otherwise carbs could be adjusted wrong or weak spark. Also what plugs are you using?

Possible plug caps. Not sure why it would only be right after the first warm up but its possible. I had one that would work for a while then all the sudden it would lose the cylinder. Changed plug and it was fine. Changed the plug cap and its been fine ever since.

Yes i mean fowling plugs .
Funny u mention cap. Kuz on the mag cyl if i removed the cap from the dead cyl while it was running , and put it back on that cyl would fire but then as soon as i click it down on the plug that cyl goes dead again. Hhmmmmm that makes we wonder if i should replace all 3 caps. One is different already.

Yes i mean fowling plugs .
Funny u mention cap. Kuz on the mag cyl if i removed the cap from the dead cyl while it was running , and put it back on that cyl would fire but then as soon as i click it down on the plug that cyl goes dead again. Hhmmmmm that makes we wonder if i should replace all 3 caps. One is different already.
If it was me I would change all 3. They should be changed every so often anyway and they are fairly cheap.

Well U guys seemed to be bang on. I havnt put any miles on it since Iv changed all 3 but i have run it a couple times and so far so good. I believe this is what was wrong because i took all the plugs that were supposedly fouled and tried them on my wifes machine and sure enough they all had spark. I like fixes like that....lol

Back