Power valve reseal? Anything to look out for?

nick5oh

Soooo....getting to the home stretch of all the work I wanted to do before its time to WOT this monster! Bought a power valve reseal kit with the plans of cleaning the valves and then putting the new gaskets and seals in for good insurance of no future problems. So I guess buying the gasket kit jinxed me and I'm glad, started the sled up last night after cleaning the clutches and making track/skid adjustments, and saw smoke coming from the engine area. Turned out to be oil coming out of the center valve and burning on the pipe. At least it didn't ruin a nice riding day lol.
Anyways I've done quite a bit of research on all this PV stuff and am comfortable attempting the cleaning and adjustment afterwards (thanks TY :) ), however I found one diagram that mentioned putting some kind of oil to lube the o-rings? Doing the o-rings, seals, gasket I assume is pretty straight forward, not rocket science, just wondering if there's anything to watch out for or to be careful of or to do before reassembling such as lubing those o-rings? I'm gonna start this project in a few hours from now.
Thanks guys

Yep. Lube the O-rings and I put a little grease in the slot where the cable hooks to the valve. Make sure not to install the valves upside down. The bevel goes down.

Back