gearing gurus wanted

jaws jr

after six years, I'm finally ready to get my back up srx 700 up and running. I have been using it as a parts sled and after a few moves , a few pieces have been lost. I'm down to the chaincase gears and chain, I ordered a chain off ebay (68 link) and it was too short. Took my 98 srx apart and checked gearing 19/37 with a 68 link chain, for my 99 I have 19/39 with no chain, guessing I need a 70 link. checked the tech pages, says 98 and 99 should be 23/37 with a 70 link. Found on ebay all my parts in one lot, but its from a 01 sxr 500, 21/39 with 68 link chain, also has my missing tensioner, and spacer for the jackshaft. Anybody know if this is the same width chain? same pitch gears?

the 98-99 srx used a 15 wide plate chain and gears. You can use the other stuff from other pro action sleds as long as you use the set, meaning top,bottom and chain. The lower output sleds used a std 13 wide chain/gears. The newer high output srx from 2000-02 and vipers use a 13 wide hyvo set up. Again, you can use any of it as a set!

newer srx were geared at 23/38, its a good all around set up, the 98-99 were geared a little higher at 23/37, many guys went to the newer gear set up for all around trail riding.

any gear combo you use, like posted use a complete set. if you use the gearing from a sxr, don,t mix match. 3:16x (yammie tony)

Another question does a set from a rx-1 fit that would increase availible sets.

Skickat från min SM-G388F via Tapatalk

Back