Cold cylinder

yamahamark

My 95 800 is running on 3 cylinders it the 2nd cylinder from the clutch. It's got fuel and spark.
Any help is appreciated

Swapped wires and plugs even put 4 new plugs in. This thing has got me puzzled this is the first time in about 7 years I've had a problem.

Your reading low on that cylinder might have bad rings on that piston take the carbs off and the reeds on that cylinder see if there's any damage

two things. check for a mouse nest in your exhaust can and or pipes. also, pull your carbs and replace o-rings underneath needle valve. '' plug is wet and cold ''. all i need to read. 3:16x (yammie tony)

So I got around to looking at it again today and everything was like it is supposed to be and it still wasn't doing right. So I told my dad I was going to sell this P.O.S or set it on fire.LOL. While it was running I gave the motor a good kick(that hurt I forgot I wasn't wearing my steal toe boots) and all a sudden the cylinder kicked in and has run great all day.
Any ideas what happened when I kicked it for it to just start running right?

Hilarious!! Will you drive over and kick my Pontiac.? It wouldn't start today. Maybe a stuck float or something

Could have been stuck float. I only kicked it because I was getting really frustrated with it. It worked so I now I know what to do when someone asks me to help with their sled.

Back