2000 Yamaha Mountain max 600 deep snow special 141 TRACK related question?

newbb

VIP Member
Hey guys, Just picked up a 2000 mountain max 600 141 that has a dry rotted track on it.

I found a nice 141"x15"x2" Camoplast Track with a 2.52 Pitch for sale locally.

Will this track with 2" lugs fit on this mountain max without rubbing the front cooler? Think they came with 1.75" lugs originally.

Thanks in advance.

That sled would have had a 2" track originally so putting a 2" back on wont affect anything. Of course this is assuming all else being original. If it has 8 tooth drivers still, your good to go.

That track will be a straight bolt in. Just confirm the size. As far as I have been able to confirm there was never an aftermarket 141" track. It could be a 144 which would need a small skid setback to work. The 141 was an exclusive size to the mtn max until the viper xtx came out a few years ago.

That was always the down fall of the mtn Max. The stock track sucked and the odd size meant that nothing would just bolt in.

That track will be a straight bolt in. Just confirm the size. As far as I have been able to confirm there was never an aftermarket 141" track. It could be a 144 which would need a small skid setback to work. The 141 was an exclusive size to the mtn max until the viper xtx came out a few years ago.

That was always the down fall of the mtn Max. The stock track sucked and the odd size meant that nothing would just bolt in.

141's were the most common upgrade over the stock 136's of the late 90's. The Camoplast Challenger 141 was the first track I put on my SRX when I bought it new. I still have the track. It has been a great track. The Yokohama was junk. They delaminated. The paddles were too hard, all they did was trench. Great spring snow track though.................SRXtreme

The 141" challenger must not have been on the market very long. When I did my re-track 3 years ago the 144 was the shortest track available that would fit. Not wanting to do a skid relocate I went 151 instead....then an ez-ryde skid and I finally ended up with something that really performs the way I want.

You can still buy a 141 but it is a 2.25 lug. As for the 141 Challenger that is like 15 years ago. lol Track technology has changed immensely in the last 5 years let alone 10 -15.................SRXtreme.

Back