Emergency Help

00SRXWHERRY

On a 2 week trip. Sled has been fine until today. It's hard to start but once running it almost sounds like a squeek when one cylinder is fireing.

15 deg F. I'm set up Fat in my fuel. Other two plugs were perfect. Going to tear into it tomorrow. On my way home. Screwed up my trip. Hoping cylinder wall are ok and just piston and rings.

Pulling the motor today. It's warrantied. He wants the whole motor. Debating to have Mr. Viper just do the trail port and polish like I've always wanted at this point. What do you guys think?

I think a trail port would be awesome. I also have wanted to get it done for a couple years now. It will happen just a matter of when.

I've used the porting templates A few times and they work awesome if your up to the challenge and have the tools. It takes alot of time and patience. I Think they are about 100$ now from Ken O'Connor racing. It's an option. I think on the srx your Looking at like 7-8 hp gain from the porting. Also you'll be throwing a bit of weight at the clutch.

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

It's all tore down. Looks like the top ring cought the top of the exhaust port and it was all down hill from there. The head is toast, cylinder needs to be recoated and the piston is junk obviously.

Just finished a 97 but we havent clutched it yet. Gained some good rpm though he's over revving right now quite a bit. Also did viper reads and thin head gasket. What a difference.

Sorry to jack your thread fella! But I have had good luck with the templates.

If you end up porting it. There really is alot of extra stuff you can do to help your motor breath. You can use your gaskets as a template also and match port your exhaust exit to your manifold. You will be surprised how much room there is for improvement. You can smooth out the corners on the cylinder skirt going into your boost port. Also you can match your carb boots to your reed cages. Use your base gasket as a template to match up your transfer ports too. Ken O'Connor has a great how-too video on YouTube where he ports a Polaris twin using the (now-discontinued) race logic templates. Very informative. Google search "Ken O'Connor sport port"

Back